• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I guess I was really bored today. I went out and sized some bullets that needed sizing and also coated some.

Since that didn't take long I decided I was going to ditch all the powder coated bullets and just stick with the Hi-Tek bullets.

I ended up with over 200 lbs of powder coated bullets I'm going to melt down and recast.

I also realized that I have five different 200 gr SWC .45 molds and one more on the way. I've got four different 225-230 gr ball molds in .45.

I found eight different SWC molds in .38/.357, three different 124-130 gr 9mm molds.

11 different wadcutter molds for the .38/.357

I'm hoarding molds from the looks of it.
    Military Camp

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    All I have is time. Too broken to work according to three separate Government agencies. Chronic pain, prostate cancer took sex off the table.

If it wasn't for bullet casting and reloading, with the occasional range trip I'd be completely nuts.

I shot my first defensive pistol match this last weekend. I placed 16th out of 22. Not being able to move normally really hit my time.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Forgot to mention that I noticed that my Lee two cavity 125 gr 9mm mold and my six cavity of the "same" bullet are a bit different.

The six cavity bullets are 0.011 longer.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Oh snap I'm sore. I set up my smelting gear and melted down a 2.5 gallon bucket of clip-on wheel weights, 65 lbs worth, and all those bullets I culled out the other day. 227 lbs.

I've now got 292 lbs of bullet alloy all ready to go.

This broken old Marine is hurting right now.]

Good news though...I got a new bullet mold today. RCBS .45-201-SWC.

picker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2014
    TX Hill Country
    Oh snap I'm sore. I set up my smelting gear and melted down a 2.5 gallon bucket of clip-on wheel weights, 65 lbs worth, and all those bullets I culled out the other day. 227 lbs.

Good job, now pour you a good stiff shot of Bourbon and rest {smile}
    Best/joe

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

Don't tell me your hands hurt.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Getting old sure beats the alternative!!
    I am 70 years old. Been reloading for over 42 years. One entire wall of my garage is dedicated to my reloading gear. There are plastic containers of bulk powder, boxes of bulk bullets, cases of primers, and GI ammo cans filled with a wide assortment of rifle and handgun ammo. A Dillion 550B and two RCBS single stage presses get the work done.

Haven't gotten in casting my own bullets. That seems like too much work and the potential for getting burned. I love to reload. I love tinkering with load data to see what accuracy results I can get.
    The myth that reloading is cheaper is just that a myth. My reloaded ammo is much cheaper to produce which causes me to shoot twice as much.
    Once they plant or burn you, there is no longer the opportunity to reload. Enjoy it while you can.

Top Bottom