• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    That just means you get to drive it at the limit more ;)

...and then there's this: Home -
    i do like that they have setup a legit business around the swap. the guide is always great and being a phone call away is just as awesome. the e30/36v8 guys seem to be the same, but not quite reachable by phone in an instant if the reviews ive seen are true.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I think a convertible e30 is a terrible idea. Get a Miata or Z3 or S2000 or something else that was designed from the ground up to be a convertible. In the one pictured above, I'd be asking a lot of questions on how they lowered it. They could have done a nice job with it or screwed it up. If you really want an e30, don't waste any time in getting one... They bottomed out several years ago and value on them is going back up (for decent ones anyways). I've been looking for the right deal on a 325i to build into a spec e30 racer for awhile. I think the great deals on them are gone :p
    speaking of spec e30 racing, there was an ad in houston craiglist for a 4 point caged 325es that was a chumpcar/lemons racer. guy wanted $950, i offered him $500 and he declined.

since then ive been hopped up on the idea of the chumpcar challenge race at TMS. i want to do it badly.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Chumpcar would be really cool to do. I think they need to raise it up from $500 a little, tho. Seven or eight years ago you could find a serviceable car for that much, but I haven't seen anything good since cash for clunkers ruined the used car market plus your dollar just doesn't buy as much anymore.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    Chumpcar would be really cool to do. I think they need to raise it up from $500 a little, tho. Seven or eight years ago you could find a serviceable car for that much, but I haven't seen anything good since cash for clunkers ruined the used car market plus your dollar just doesn't buy as much anymore.

true. ive looked on the internet and a few chumpcar guys have got their value to around $400 for e30s. a good car that flies under the radar is the old first gen Neons.

Top Bottom