• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    MarkIV 22/45 Lite here. Great pistol and loads of fun.

I've probably got more than a dozen different .22LR pistols and each of them has their own charm. Most of them have the ability to take a suppressor and that's a plus, in my book.
    Hurley's Gold

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I prefer the Mk II models...
    ...because they were the pinnacle and everything since then has been a step backwards. Generally, making a Mk III into a better pistol (e.g., for formal target shooting) means removing the features that make it a Mk III and returning it as close to Mk II configuration as possible.

My opinion is that the Mk III is fine but it was a step backwards. The Mk IV, with its easier disassembly, is an actual improvement over the Mk III. They're both enjoyable and you can tart them up with a whole catalog full of aftermarket stuff if you want to something that looks like Star Wars and/or is suitable for action-type games.

But if you want an unmodified and satisfying plinker, get a Mk II. If you want an entry-level but serious, traditional target gun, get a Mk II and upgrade only slowly, if at all.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sig Mosquitos are TERRIBLE.
    Internet stories about them sucking aside, I personally know a lot of people who bought them, lured by insanely cheap pricing...not one of them runs well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Internet stories about them sucking aside, I personally know a lot of people who bought them, lured by insanely cheap pricing...not one of them runs well.

Well, I guess this will be a first for you; but my Skeeter runs pretty well as long as I keep it well oiled...

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    My SR22 does not like any Winchester ammo whether it is bulk or premium, I have tried five different ones. It also does not like Federal bulk ammo. It runs like a champ with CCI and Remington Golden Bullets.

From what I have seen and read this seems to be a common problem with the SR22, much like the Walther P22.

You guys that have one that will shoot anything are lucky.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    My SR22 does not like any Winchester ammo whether it is bulk or premium, I have tried five different ones. It also does not like Federal bulk ammo. It runs like a champ with CCI and Remington Golden Bullets.

From what I have seen and read this seems to be a common problem with the SR22, much like the Walther P22.

You guys that have one that will shoot anything are lucky.

Interesting. I have fed Winchester,cci, augila, American eagle, Remington, ect not one malfunction in a round count around 1k.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    Ruger Mark series has my vote. I have a Mark II that's a great shooter. What they say about disassembly and inventing new cuss words is completely true. I normally wait until mine starts jamming up consistently before I clean it because I absolutely loathe the takedown and assembly. I've been eyeing the new Mark IV because it fixes the only problem anyone has with the Mark series pistols. I've shot other .22s and if I could only have one .22 pistol, it'd be a Ruger.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, I've heard hundreds of horror stories about the Mosquito . . . but I was an early adopter and couldn't be happier with mine. I nearly always shoot it suppressed and I don't have any issues with it that aren't ammunition-based. So maybe I got "the one". Whatever it is, I like mine a lot.

Starshipbob

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Tx
    I need some help picking a .22lr (full:laughing:) semi auto handgun.
    I've been wanting one for a while now, for plinking. I've seen guns that I can get kinda on the higher end, but the magazines are cheaper, or I can get a cheaper gun with magazines that cost more.

I usually buy my guns from academy for the most part... They have a ruger mk IV target and a S&W Sw22 From $300-$450~ The ruger has slightly cheaper magazines. The grip on both of these guns was pretty amazing, but I just didn't quite like the sights on them. (Black iron sight) Then on the internet I can find things like a ATI Firefly and a Sig Mosquito S&W M&P 22.

Does anyone have any experience with these guns or some .22lr handgun alternatives, of a similar price? I would also like to have a total of 3-6~ magazines without breaking the bank.

Thanks,
    Higgins909

Browning Buckmark... I have several. Do not buy the Sig... my wife has one...sucks.

Top Bottom