• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    I ended up getting a MK IV Trainer. So far I bought a green front fiber optic sight and have a handful of magazines in the mail. I shot it a little bit (group outing, shared my new gun) and within the first 5 rounds I had a bad primer or something. I need to take a 2nd look at where the firing pin is hitting, next time. I think we shot around 100 rounds total, not really sure. The rest was fine. Bought a ultimate clip loader too. (RIP thumb)

I think suppressors look cool, but wouldn't work well at the range I go to. (reds north) Then I'm not sure how hard one is to get and then the price.

spill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Cedar Park
    I think suppressors look cool, but wouldn't work well at the range I go to. (reds north) Then I'm not sure how hard one is to get and then the price.

It’ll work fine at any range? You just have to deal with the oppressed while you’re suppressed.

Price is the can plus $200 tax stamp. Most expensive part imo is your time waiting. 7 months soonest while ATF figures out if you’re worthy or not with background checks.

On a rim fire it’s worth every penny imo. My Mk IV Lite doesn’t leave home without it. Cheap hearing safe fun without ear pro.

Techna

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Magnolia, Texas
    C11085AD-5253-44D8-BD31-821FC767FEC4.jpeg
    Anybody have one of these? I always thought one of these would be fun for plinking. S&W Model 617 ten shot 22LR:
    View attachment 144213 I’m kinda thinkin’ (always a dangerous thing for me), with a ‘cowboy action’ trigger job, this could really be - as they say - “badass”!
    Yup. And you’d be right about it being fun.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I ended up getting a MK IV Trainer. So far I bought a green front fiber optic sight and have a handful of magazines in the mail. I shot it a little bit (group outing, shared my new gun) and within the first 5 rounds I had a bad primer or something. I need to take a 2nd look at where the firing pin is hitting, next time. I think we shot around 100 rounds total, not really sure. The rest was fine. Bought a ultimate clip loader too. (RIP thumb)

I shoot sometimes at that Red's too and have had no issues at all. But using the silencer there while others are shooting and the mandatory ear plugs/muffs make it not needed. I go out to some land my brother owns by Milano and shoot and use my silencers. There alone they make a great difference. My bolt action using CCI standard velocity only can hear the hammer fall and a pfft noise. Nothing needed. My semi ruger is only slightly louder. If you are in this area (Round Rock) get in touch with me and we can try it out sometime to see how you like it before buying one.

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45 light. Great gun. Every time i have time to get to the range and shoot handguns, it's usually for about an hour. I go to Bracken range almost exclusively due to proximity. I take the ruger and one other handgun in a different caliber. I very rarely see anyone else shooting 22. Where are all the 22 shooters? It would make it quieter if nothing else. Trying not to get off topic. I had a Mark II many years ago that was stolen. When I got back into shooting, my first purchase was another Ruger

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    I have a Ruger Mark III 22/45 light. Great gun. Every time i have time to get to the range and shoot handguns, it's usually for about an hour. I go to Bracken range almost exclusively due to proximity. I take the ruger and one other handgun in a different caliber. I very rarely see anyone else shooting 22. Where are all the 22 shooters? It would make it quieter if nothing else. Trying not to get off topic. I had a Mark II many years ago that was stolen. When I got back into shooting, my first purchase was another Ruger
    I almost have a Ruger Mark IV Lite, almost. I have $100 left to pay on it.

Bracken is the closest outdoor range to me too. I've only been to Cedar Ridge so far. It's my family's favorite for some reason. But, it's so far out in the country!

Maybe I'll see you at Bracken sometime. Then we'll have 2 22 shooters!

tinplas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2017
    San Antonio
    I almost have a Ruger Mark IV Lite, almost. I have $100 left to pay on it.

Bracken is the closest outdoor range to me too. I've only been to Cedar Ridge so far. It's my family's favorite for some reason. But, it's so far out in the country!

Maybe I'll see you at Bracken sometime. Then we'll have 2 22 shooters!

I'll be the guy with the space gun as the RSO/owner calls it.
    IMG_20161121_225608.jpg

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'm a .22-a-holic. Truth be known, I enjoy shooting .22 more than anything else. Give me a couple bricks of .22 and I'm good for a few hours.

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    no, I miss plenty with it
    lol-045.gif

My suppressed Ruger MKII. View attachment 145408
    Victory
    Vortex Viper
    Sparrow
    View attachment 145410
    Looking cool! But, I'ld need someone to hold up the front end for me. Otherwise I'ld be shooting the ground!
    giggle.gif

.22LR range day?
    Everybody brings their .22's.
    I'm a .22-a-holic. Truth be known, I enjoy shooting .22 more than anything else. Give me a couple bricks of .22 and I'm good for a few hours.
    Sounds good to me!

Top Bottom