I need a new Car . looking at Jetta's

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
Mar 8, 2010
McKinney, TX
I would ask first what your budget is.

I have a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (diesel) and absolutely love it. It's a little rocket. Mine still has a warranty due to dieselgate and has been dead nuts reliable. I personally am not a fan of newer VW's as I think they aren't fun to drive and you get more value from some other brands.

mroper

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Katy, TX
What else do you look for in a sedan, other than road noise? Comfort? Acceleration performance? Handling? Fuel consumption? Reliability? Interior size? Storage volume? Quality of surfaces (Luxury vs. utility)?
Ride Quality and Road Noise I am specifically looking at the R-line I am short so not to worried about roominess. and reliability

mroper

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Katy, TX
I would ask first what your budget is.

I have a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI (diesel) and absolutely love it. It's a little rocket. Mine still has a warranty due to dieselgate and has been dead nuts reliable. I personally am not a fan of newer VW's as I think they aren't fun to drive and you get more value from some other brands.
I dont want to spend alot as this will be a fill in the gap car for me I will own it for about 5-6 years the I will trade it in on a luxury car

mroper

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Jun 7, 2011
Katy, TX
I dont want to spend alot as this will be a fill in the gap car for me I will own it for about 5-6 years the I will trade it in on a luxury car. I am really only considering a new not used. as the price points for 1-2 years old are very close to new pricing

rotor

Well-Known
Nov 1, 2015
Wichita Falls
Have had almost every foreign car. VW is the only one that screwed me. They had multiple secret recalls that they only announced if you complained about the problem enough. Sold that POS and never again. Great cars are Toyota, Honda, and presently own a Hyundai and considering all three I like the Hyundai the best but it has so many of the new features that are cool and a long warranty. Wife likes the Hyundai the best and it is her car. I drive a F250.

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Fords are all we drive.
Ecosport
Fusion
F150
Explorer
Expedition
Edge.
Mustang.

I like them All with the exception of the explorer. That was because of the exhaust issue. My kids still have the Ecosport and Fusion.
I've had about 8 F150s. I wish I still had the expedition. I miss the mustang. If I was a car guy I wouldnt mind the Fusion as a daily driver.

VW are too close to BMW. I guess as long as you get rid of it before it goes out of warranty you'll be ok.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Drockton Bullion
Drockton Bullion

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads