Join TexasGunTalk

I need your feedback.

Discussion in 'GIVEAWAYS - TGT' started by GreySmoke, Aug 15, 2015.

1. GreySmoke

GreySmoke Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I need your feedback. $50.00 Coupon

I'm a new sponsor and I would really appreciate some feedback on the website.
    It's small but I believe there is value there.
    Take a look around and let me know what you think about it.
    Products, navigation, prices both regular and sale.
    All feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

http://greysmoketacticalfirearms.com

Between now and Labor Day, the person that I deem has the most valuable feedback will win a $50.00 coupon towards a purchase from the website.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. cncfan

cncfan Active Member

May 25, 2015
    Houston
    First think I noticed is on my screen the page numbers and prices are a off green color that is really hard to see. May be just the way I have my screen set up but I do not have this problem on other sites.

Navigation is easy, price I have no idea will have to compare a few items with other sites.

3. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Active Member

You need to get rid of the stupid sharing bar. It takes up too much space and wont stay closed. I dont know anyone that will share on social media what they are shopping for on a retail website. I should not have to fight with the dqmn bar to see or surf your site. It makes navigation pretty damn hard when you cant see anything. There are too many other sites out there that have great prices and simple navigation and page layout to bother with one that is dificult or a share bar that keep popping up after each page change.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

4. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I absolutely hate those stupid sharing bars. They make a page take forever to load. A site where I have to fight a floating bar, of any kind but especially the sharing ones, I leave and almost never go back.

5. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Navigation is easy enough. There are too many share buttons. The ones on the bottom of the page should be enough. If you can offer good prices and deliver good customer service you won't need all those extra share buttons.

The Sign up pop-up should go, place your sign up in a drop down menu (under 'Contact Us" or "About"

You have "Home" and "About" twice and they are close to each other.

I bookmarked this sight and registered an account. Is it safe to assume setting up billing & mailing information is done on the first order?

The page numbers on the bottom of the page show only the page you're on, which was confusing first time at it.

Good luck with it, I will be back to check it out.

6. Byrd666

Byrd666 TGT Addict

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    FONT IS TOO SMALL!! Particularly on logo and front page. There are a lot of shooters out there that can't read print that small. ME included.

WHY! are you covering up what you are selling at a "sales price"? ALL I see is a big red 'sale' sign COVERING the product.

BIGGEST for me, Why is there not a physical address?!?! - That alone, just lost whatever business ya'll Might have had from me. How do I! know this isn't a big scam? It's been done before. And for that reason alone, I won't even bother looking for a phone number, or e-mail address.

7. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    How do you "Deem" the most valuable feedback?

Task, Standard, Condition!

Otherwise you missed the boat.

Be well.

8. outdare

outdare Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jul 24, 2009
    Houston
    Yep Lose the share bar. I only went to the second page and grew tired of it.

9. jrbfishn

jrbfishn TGT Addict

Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Oh, and I absolutely detest pop ups.

10. Jwr1221

Jwr1221 Member

Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Greysmoke,

As others have pointed out, I didn't like the pop-up as soon as I got to the site that wants me to join your mailing list. On the main screen where it scrolls through the sale items, you need to watch where the text is; for example on the Beretta, your text was hard to read as it was right over top of the text on the pic behind it.
    I also concur that the light green bubble with the white text for your normal prices is a bit tough on the eyes.
    A question; when you first click on "shop" and it takes you to the category listing, it has a (19) beside the handguns, but when I click through to that category, why does it only show 6 items? (For example, on the right you have "top rated products" which includes the XDs .45 but it is not shown in the "handgun" category on the store.)
    On the "Contact Us" page, the quick message box on the bottom seems sort of redundant. Also on both the "Contact Us" and "About" page, it looks like there is a long blank in the text but it is actually your e-mail; looks like it is white text on a white background so you can't see it. (but it is a link if you hover over it.)
    Seems a bit confusing to have two different top bars with links (Home, About, Client Login, My Account ...) plus the (Home, Shop, Greysmoke's Blog, ...) Maybe ditch the top one since those are all available from the lower bar and move the cart button down into the lower bar?
    Love the background pic, but having those multiple layers seems to make the page kinda slow to navigate. I'd also make your logo on top brighter so it "pops" more. Overall, looks like a great start though!
    Josh