• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I need your feedback. $50.00 Coupon

I'm a new sponsor and I would really appreciate some feedback on the website.
    It's small but I believe there is value there.
    Take a look around and let me know what you think about it.
    Products, navigation, prices both regular and sale.
    All feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

http://greysmoketacticalfirearms.com

Between now and Labor Day, the person that I deem has the most valuable feedback will win a $50.00 coupon towards a purchase from the website.
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

cncfan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Houston
    First think I noticed is on my screen the page numbers and prices are a off green color that is really hard to see. May be just the way I have my screen set up but I do not have this problem on other sites.

Navigation is easy, price I have no idea will have to compare a few items with other sites.

tarheel7734

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Living in NC, but from Texas
    You need to get rid of the stupid sharing bar. It takes up too much space and wont stay closed. I dont know anyone that will share on social media what they are shopping for on a retail website. I should not have to fight with the dqmn bar to see or surf your site. It makes navigation pretty damn hard when you cant see anything. There are too many other sites out there that have great prices and simple navigation and page layout to bother with one that is dificult or a share bar that keep popping up after each page change.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I absolutely hate those stupid sharing bars. They make a page take forever to load. A site where I have to fight a floating bar, of any kind but especially the sharing ones, I leave and almost never go back.

qwiksdraw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Navigation is easy enough. There are too many share buttons. The ones on the bottom of the page should be enough. If you can offer good prices and deliver good customer service you won't need all those extra share buttons.

The Sign up pop-up should go, place your sign up in a drop down menu (under 'Contact Us" or "About"

You have "Home" and "About" twice and they are close to each other.

I bookmarked this sight and registered an account. Is it safe to assume setting up billing & mailing information is done on the first order?

The page numbers on the bottom of the page show only the page you're on, which was confusing first time at it.

Good luck with it, I will be back to check it out.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    FONT IS TOO SMALL!! Particularly on logo and front page. There are a lot of shooters out there that can't read print that small. ME included.

WHY! are you covering up what you are selling at a "sales price"? ALL I see is a big red 'sale' sign COVERING the product.

BIGGEST for me, Why is there not a physical address?!?! - That alone, just lost whatever business ya'll Might have had from me. How do I! know this isn't a big scam? It's been done before. And for that reason alone, I won't even bother looking for a phone number, or e-mail address.

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Greysmoke,

As others have pointed out, I didn't like the pop-up as soon as I got to the site that wants me to join your mailing list. On the main screen where it scrolls through the sale items, you need to watch where the text is; for example on the Beretta, your text was hard to read as it was right over top of the text on the pic behind it.
    I also concur that the light green bubble with the white text for your normal prices is a bit tough on the eyes.
    A question; when you first click on "shop" and it takes you to the category listing, it has a (19) beside the handguns, but when I click through to that category, why does it only show 6 items? (For example, on the right you have "top rated products" which includes the XDs .45 but it is not shown in the "handgun" category on the store.)
    On the "Contact Us" page, the quick message box on the bottom seems sort of redundant. Also on both the "Contact Us" and "About" page, it looks like there is a long blank in the text but it is actually your e-mail; looks like it is white text on a white background so you can't see it. (but it is a link if you hover over it.)
    Seems a bit confusing to have two different top bars with links (Home, About, Client Login, My Account ...) plus the (Home, Shop, Greysmoke's Blog, ...) Maybe ditch the top one since those are all available from the lower bar and move the cart button down into the lower bar?
    Love the background pic, but having those multiple layers seems to make the page kinda slow to navigate. I'd also make your logo on top brighter so it "pops" more. Overall, looks like a great start though!
    Josh

crabbys44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Austin
    I'm a new sponsor and I would really appreciate some feedback on the website.
    It's small but I believe there is value there.
    Take a look around and let me know what you think about it.
    Products, navigation, prices both regular and sale.
    All feedback is welcome and much appreciated.

http://greysmoketacticalfirearms.com

Between now and Labor Day, the person that I deem has the most valuable feedback will win a $50.00 coupon towards a purchase from the website.

I thought the site was pretty easy to navigate.

IMHO some of the product descriptions are a little light; ie. [h=1]UTAS UTS-15 Black[/h][h=2]Product Description[/h]UTS-15 Tactical Model, black matt finish, 12 ga., 15 round capacity

What exactly is it? A double barrel pump w/ twin mag tubes? A Turkish KSG?
    (and matte is spelled wrong) j/s

Overall it's a nice basic site with reasonable prices. :marine:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Excellent layout. The red and blacks draw the eye. It needs a BBB insignia. Credit card placards need touching up. Made more bold, tighter graphics.

You don't want garage sale looking motives. Sharpen it up. I highly suggest you look at sights like Summit Racing, Spohn, Jegs. Car parts are very similar to firearm stuff. Parts is parts.

Your target audience is the "good ole boy". However, also include sales directed at females. Have a macho touch with a welcoming side for other audiences. Children firearm sports is a hot selling point.

The key to you success is portraying professionalism in your sales. Make sure your customers service is spot on. That includes modes of payments.

Make me want to buy from you. You're in a cut throat business. Draw me in with a professional family touch. Show me through your site, you care more about about my business, then the money I'm giving you. Keep me coming back.

Last edited:

GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    Looking much better.

Thanks,
    Some of the suggestions are not simple fixes, the color of the page numbers is fixed and I will need to modify the theme code to change it. the color of the prices and the green background is also fixed. I agree they need to be changed. Problem is I'm a one man shop and must do all this myself. and I don't have the knowledge so I have to learn as I go. I can build an AR in about 30 minutes and I am an IT guy I m just not a web guy (YET).

Please keep the feedback coming there has been good stuff here. If anyone is a woo-commerce or elegant theme expert let me know....
    and if this level of feedback continues I may have to add some runner up coupons:cool:

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Consolidate the CSS into a single file and minify it. 26 stylesheets to hit means 26 requests that aren't the webpage.
    6 style tags that arent loading outside resources. Should consolidate that into one tag.
    Page is heavy, loading up a lot of javascript.
    Captcha on contact page is too small to see what I typed.

Buy a SSL certificate. You are asking people to create accounts and login and the site isn't even encrypted.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    A bit to heavy on the script. Makes the pages load real slow. To me, sites that do that are annoying. It makes for some great "gee whiz" graphics, but if someone just wants to click around and browse, they'll tire of the wait and go somewhere else.

Good that someone can find a physical address. Lot of sites don't do that. But ordering from some places will incur taxes. Some may live close enough to drop by and avoid shipping costs.

I'll also echo that some of the descriptions are thin. Practically anorexic. Looks like you have some nice pieces. But if I'm going to lay out some significant green for a new rifle or pistol I'd want some better photos and a more detailed description. Looking at a rifle with a $1999.00 price tag. I've seen better photos and detailed description for a $300 parts kit on Gunbroker. People might be reluctant to lay out that much for something they can't look over closely. On the page with this rifle, there is a lot of white space that could be filled with better photos and text. Possibly even embed some decent reviews of the relevant products. There are reviews for everything under the sun out there. And many reviewers get paid by the hit. So they might appreciate the traffic. Might even send someone your way at some point.

You should probably put a clear conspicuous statement out there that given you're in TX, buyers will incur the TX sales taxes. If people order, then to to pay and discover they're being hit with an unexpected additional 8 - 8.25%, it could tick them off and you might not see them again.

GreySmoke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I'm working on the ssl, My web package comes with a shared IP and must be upgraded to a dedicated IP for ssl. In progress. Thanks for all the great feedback. After the ssl gets tackled I'll work on descriptions and pics. The text and pics come from either distributers or manufacturers, due to copyrights but I will try and tweak for consistency at least. Keepem Coming....

Vec

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 8, 2015
    suburbs
    i see LE price on some things, thats nice but what i look for is a Veterans Discount do you offer those that served or are still serving a discount? if so it needs to be advertised.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom