Join TexasGunTalk

I need your feedback.

Discussion in 'GIVEAWAYS - TGT' started by GreySmoke, Aug 15, 2015.

1. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    The site looks canned, like you just populated a template. The static background (that I would like to look at) and moving frames reminds me of "My Space" pages from years ago. But that's OK since you are starting out. Consider classicfirearms.com their site a few years ago was the worst, but I stayed around cause I loved the stuff they offered. Very professional today.
    We old guys need contrast. Not garish over bright. I'm red green colorblind and much on your pages is tough to even see. Lots of Men are colorblind, very few women. At one point I was thinking, it sure would be nice if I could see some prices on this ammo. Then I squinted a bit more and there they were.
    Speaking of ammo, where is the $7 range ammo from your bio? Just kidding. If I ordered some, how much is shipping? You offer a box of 9mm for $12.49 I can get close to that at Wallyworld so shipping cost is everything.
    I notice you don't offer a box of .38 at all.
    Due you refuse actual sales of M9's to civilians? Or is it a price thing? They are not illegal.
    Perhaps you might look in to being a re-seller of some items. Or use Davidsons Gallery of guns or someone like that. I know a guy who takes a very small markup and gets the bonus of the transfer fee. You and he are the same price on transfers and I honestly don't know where Levon Tx. is. His in store stock is very small but you get a gun in a couple of days with a great warranty.
    I know you have put in a lot of money and time to get here now. Growth will come. It's said that brick and mortar gun stores go under because they can't compete with internet stores. You will need to be well aware of what the big city stores, the Internet, and Wallyworld are charging, they really do nearly control the market.
    There is a huge contingent of serious 1911 guys on this board. Looks as though you are set to serve them well. But some of us like to kill terrorist tin cans with a wheel gun and cheap ammo.
    So that's what I was thinking as I paged thru your site. This is honest and without need of a contest win. Its just when I got around to it.

2. GreySmoke

GreySmoke Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    I do have a managed Wordpress host at $25/month. they "maintain" and do 1 time projects for a negotiated cost per project.

3. GreySmoke

GreySmoke Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    Last Chance before my pick?

4. GreySmoke

GreySmoke Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Lavon
    And the winner is Barney_Fife a PM with your $50.00 Coupon is on the way.
    Special thanks to all that participated. For those who did not win.... If you commented in this contest and order from the Website a special bonus will be added to your order.
    Make sure you put your screen name in the comments for your bonus.

5. Gunwoody

Gunwoody New Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Quinlan, Texas
    Very easy to navigate. Simple, gets to the point, not a bunch of fancy stuff to wade through to see what you need or want. John

6. yim11

yim11 New Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Arlington, Tx
    its already been mentioned but wordpress is great for a site with training wheels but when you are ready for real [customization] code you will have to migrate from it and unfortunately nothing you have done in WP will covert over to anything else.

site looks very nice.

7. unethikl

unethikl New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    DFW
    I think you need better resolution graphics.
    Especially your own logo.

Thanks for the $50 :)

8. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX

Not really. There are million dollar e-commerce sites, and large sites that get millions of visits in traffic per month that are all on WP. Even some large national news sites have migrated to WP. It's not ideal for some things, but there are VERY few businesses in this industry that ever get large enough to potentially need to move to a custom CMS better suited to large scale e-commerce. Brownells and Midwayusa are two examples...and there are exactly TWO of those. ;)

9. deemus

deemus TGT Addict

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Spent some time on your site today. I think it looks great. No more sharebar, and I echo the earlier comments. Much better without it. Nice site. Easy to navigate.

10. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    You need more AKs! :D

greysmoketacticalfirearms.com/product-category/rifles/aks/