Venture Surplus ad

I need your help in writing an article for school...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C_Fenn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    How's everybody doing? I am currently enrolled in a news reporting and writing class and I'm supposed to write a new article on any subject that I want. I've decided to do one on the gun industry and how there has been an increase in weapons sales. I would really appreciate your help if you could let me interview you online through e-mail. It would be a list of 10-15 questions and it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. I would especially like to hear from someone who is involved in selling guns and ammunition as well as someone who has been around guns for a long time. Let me know if you could help!

Thanks in advance!
    Hurley's Gold

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Email me at freyer1@sbcglobal.net and I'll see if I can help you out. I have been around guns for 50 years or so.

Alright show off, I've only been around guns for about 17 years, so you've most likely seen a lot of civilian stuff I haven't seen, I have delt with a lot of military weapons the past 7 years and not much on the civilian side. Wow 50 years, puts my 17 to shame completely. Do you ever get tired of looking at or dealing with guns? I'm just wondering if some of you guys that have been in the gun owning/sales business for many years actually get tired of it? I'm just getting started in the buying and collecting, which apparently is a few years too late due to the shortages of ammo, guns etc. LOL.

I think if this guy would just post his questions here most of the members will be able to answer all of his questions relatively easy.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Is the questions like, "How many felons have you sold guns to lately?" on there?

j/k

I'm just givng you a hard time. Forgive me. I'm not involved with any real selling of guns/ammo. I've been a small part of the buying (at least my bugdet is small). I'll look at your survey.

sartinc@uthscsa.edu

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Well Lonewolf, I'm almost 57 years old and got my first .22 when I was six, still have it. I have been interested in guns all my life and always enjoy getting new ones. It is an interesting hobby and I can finally afford to shoot as much as I want, kids being grown and out of the house. Some folks like cars, some play golf, I like guns. I'm sure there are many folks hanging these forums with more experience than I have.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Well Lonewolf, I'm almost 57 years old and got my first .22 when I was six, still have it. I have been interested in guns all my life and always enjoy getting new ones. It is an interesting hobby and I can finally afford to shoot as much as I want, kids being grown and out of the house. Some folks like cars, some play golf, I like guns. I'm sure there are many folks hanging these forums with more experience than I have.

I'm only 27, and I've been around guns my whole life (my grandfather has a small collection), I was taught when I was little how to handle guns safely etc. My grandfather never had his guns in a locked cabinet we were taught to leave them alone, unless grandpa had them out and let us use them, other than that we could look at them in the gun cabinet all we wanted. What ever happened to those days????? I like guns too, but I'm limited on the amount of money I can spend so I have to save up 3-4 months to buy a gun I want, which right now doesn't matter cause I can't find ammo anyhow.

Jfrey, do you hunt, or target shoot, or just a gun collector?

I just target shoot and am trying to start a Winchester Collection.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Feel free to email me if you'd like. I currently do work on the retail side of the gun industry and do sell guns, so I could help you from that perspective as well as the enthusiast perspective.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    Lone Wolf, the answer to your 3 questions is: Yes,Yes, Yes. I have hunted since I was a little kid. I shoot skeet and trap for fun. I shoot targets with my pistols for fun and relaxation. I collect guns because I like shooting them. Guns are an investment like anything else. If more parents taught their kids the enjoyment of shooting, our political situation might be very different.

C_Fenn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Hey everybody, I really appreciate all of the quick responses that I've seen. I would be very thankful for any help that you could give me. I your phone number so that my teacher knows I'm just not making this stuff up. He spot checks a few numbers in our class but it would be very unlikely that he would call you. If you work at a store or range, you can just give me your business number and if you don't feel comfortable giving your number then you can answer the questions and I can use your answers as background info. I need at least 4 numbers though. Again, thank you very much for any help you can give me! You can post your answers OR e-mail them directly to me at Casey.Fenn@gmail.com.

• What is your name?
    • What is your telephone number?
    • How long have you been buying guns and how many do you have?
    • What do you use your guns for? (target shooting, hunting, protection, collecting etc.)
    • Where do you normally purchase guns and ammunition? (online, local store, national chain, etc.)
    • Why did you first start purchasing firearms and why do you continue?
    • Has the recent election changed your buying habits at all? If so, how?
    • Do you find it harder, easier or about the same to find ammunition than before the election?
    • Where do you see your shooting habit going from here? (Will you buy and shoot more, less, or the same.)
    • Do you have any fears about government intervening in your affairs with regard to firearms? If so, what are they?

For anyone who runs a gun store or range:

• What’s the name of your business and what do you do?
    • How long have you been in business?
    • Have you seen an increased interest in firearms over the past few months?
    • What do you believe that the reason is?
    • Where do you see the future of the firearms industry?

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Lone Wolf, the answer to your 3 questions is: Yes,Yes, Yes. I have hunted since I was a little kid. I shoot skeet and trap for fun. I shoot targets with my pistols for fun and relaxation. I collect guns because I like shooting them. Guns are an investment like anything else. If more parents taught their kids the enjoyment of shooting, our political situation might be very different.

I currently own 2 hand guns a Glock .40S&W, and a Colt 1911 series 80 .45acp. I was looking into getting a revolver but not sure what caliber I was looking at .44, .45LC calibers but not really sure all I'd be using them for is target shooting. What would you suggest?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Robert, I moved your post out of public view so you could think about posting private info in the clear like that. If you want me to, I can move it back here, but I'd advise against posting your personal number in public.

robertengler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Plano
    Texas42 & Sage ...

Thanks for covering my 6, gentlemen, but I'd be one happy American if the only thing I had to worry about was some ne'er-do-well getting my phone number and .... doing what? (Maybe I was putting out the bait to see if anybody would take it.)

Anyway, thanks again, but you needn't worry yourselves on my account.

Top Bottom