Patriot Mobile

I officially hate and despise the Springfield XD!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm sick and tired of these guns. The grip safety locking the action is absolutely pointless, and a dangerous feature IMO. Today at work is the second time I have severely cut myself on these pieces of scheisse! I'm pretty rough with guns, especially when running malfunction drills, racking the slide, etc. I hate them, I despise them, I want nothing to do with them, I don't want to ever hear about them again, I don't want to show them to people at work, I don't want to sell them. If I am being attacked and I have my choice of a Springfield XD or my bare hands, I will choose my bare hands. H&K's, Berettas, Glocks, S&W's all make excellent polymer frame autos, so why have one that wants to chop your fingers off!!!! ARGH%$^#^#$%^! ;) lol As you can probably tell I am still very angry. I bled pretty profusely after this little incident today (it was worse than it looks, it was deep):
    Guns International

Attachments

• tn_100_1571.JPG
      tn_100_1571.JPG
      52.8 KB · Views: 486

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I will say that the grip saftey is probably the only "problem" I have with my XD, until I had the grip done on my Glock, I loved my XD, still do, just not as much as my 23.....

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I had a 40 cal sub compact Kboom on me last year! Slit the polymer frame and pinched the crap out me. Blew the extractor off of the slide but other than that I was OK.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    does ewe need mommy to kiss the booboo........

JK!! Havin' never shot one, have no idea what happened....then again, there's just sumthin' 'bout it that I didn't care for, mebbe I noticed it, who knows. Just toss it onto the "for sale" pages - SOMEONE will want it I'm sure!

Now, if that wuz a Randall......

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I cannot comment either having never shot one or owned one. But I picked one up once and just didnt like the way it felt in my hand??? It just felt like it was going to come apart.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Crazy....I have the XD-40 V-10, and wifey carries the XD-9SC.....never had any issues with either....how exactly did you FUBAR yur finger?

As far as the XD line...we love 'em, never...NEVER had any issue with either firearm.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    hmmm

My guess:

Tried locking the slide with a full grip on the slide but did not fully depress the grip safety, slide did not retract and kinda bumped back and caught some skin?

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Somebody call the WAAAAAAAmbulance!!!

Just kidding! Seriously, I don't much care for that awkward grip/trigger/slide safety. It makes operating the weapon a little difficult. I'm sure, if you handle it frequently, it becomes second nature. Every now and then I'll have a student with a new XD on the shooting line, and I have to show them the proper way to grip it before doing ANYTHING with the weapon.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Love mine also own a 45 and 40. That sucks about your finger but I did alot of research on the XD line and there great guns. Read about several people putting 1000 to 5000 rounds through them without a miss fire and without a cleaning. I can remember one being dropped in water and still had no issues. The other thing ive read in several shooting mags was how the XDs would out perform or out shoot other brand guns in review articles. As they say to each his own. I would never buy a glock.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've done something similar, on an XD as well. My fingers slipped off the front serrations and my finger plopped between the barrel and slide as it was closing.

soconor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Central Texas
    Geez, that was going to be my next gun. Hard to shoot an assailant if you're telling him to hold up a minute 'cause you cut yourself. :) Do you think I would have the same problem as I typically shoot left handed.

Top Bottom