I officially hate and despise the Springfield XD!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by SIG_Fiend, Aug 28, 2009.

1. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm sick and tired of these guns. The grip safety locking the action is absolutely pointless, and a dangerous feature IMO. Today at work is the second time I have severely cut myself on these pieces of scheisse! I'm pretty rough with guns, especially when running malfunction drills, racking the slide, etc. I hate them, I despise them, I want nothing to do with them, I don't want to ever hear about them again, I don't want to show them to people at work, I don't want to sell them. If I am being attacked and I have my choice of a Springfield XD or my bare hands, I will choose my bare hands. H&K's, Berettas, Glocks, S&W's all make excellent polymer frame autos, so why have one that wants to chop your fingers off!!!! ARGH%$^#^#$%^! ;) lol As you can probably tell I am still very angry. I bled pretty profusely after this little incident today (it was worse than it looks, it was deep):

Attached Files:

2. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I will say that the grip saftey is probably the only "problem" I have with my XD, until I had the grip done on my Glock, I loved my XD, still do, just not as much as my 23.....

3. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I shot GM's XD, didn't care for it. His Sig was okay.

4. Mark F

Mark F Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Get a CZ75B, enough said....

5. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    just curious how exactly did you cut your finger

6. drj3828

drj3828 Active Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I had a 40 cal sub compact Kboom on me last year! Slit the polymer frame and pinched the crap out me. Blew the extractor off of the slide but other than that I was OK.

7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    does ewe need mommy to kiss the booboo........:lolz:

JK!! Havin' never shot one, have no idea what happened....then again, there's just sumthin' 'bout it that I didn't care for, mebbe I noticed it, who knows. Just toss it onto the "for sale" pages - SOMEONE will want it I'm sure!

Now, if that wuz a Randall......:fighting0002:

8. Okierifleman

Okierifleman Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I cannot comment either having never shot one or owned one. But I picked one up once and just didnt like the way it felt in my hand??? It just felt like it was going to come apart.

9. wllmwallace

wllmwallace Active Member Lifetime Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Crazy....I have the XD-40 V-10, and wifey carries the XD-9SC.....never had any issues with either....how exactly did you FUBAR yur finger?

As far as the XD line...we love 'em, never...NEVER had any issue with either firearm.

10. GI-John

GI-John Hurry up and wait!! TGT Supporter

Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    hmmm

My guess:

Tried locking the slide with a full grip on the slide but did not fully depress the grip safety, slide did not retract and kinda bumped back and caught some skin?