Venture Surplus ad

I officially hate and despise the Springfield XD!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I was wondering how it could have been a rust bucket?

One of my Glocks was accidentally left behind in my old house during Ike & was under 3 ft of water & left in a wet case for a couple weeks before it was discovered & it was no worse for wear.

If I remember correctly, I believe some of the earlier XDs had finish issues on the slides and they were prone to rusting. I've not experienced it with any of mine, but it seems that I've read several internet posts claiming this.
    Texas SOT

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County
    I actually had quoted "centexshooter" & was asking him to elaborate, but thanks for the input.

Mine was one of the earlier models with finish issues. I understand those issues were addressed. I just had a problem with having to do so much cleaning and maintenance with so little actual shooting being done at the time. I was in a dry environment with no range close by. I'd carry it for a day and have to treat the rust spots that evening. I just put it up and carried my Glocks until I could get rid of it.

It was a sweet shooter. Never a reliability problem.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Mine was one of the earlier models with finish issues. I understand those issues were addressed. I just had a problem with having to do so much cleaning and maintenance with so little actual shooting being done at the time. I was in a dry environment with no range close by. I'd carry it for a day and have to treat the rust spots that evening. I just put it up and carried my Glocks until I could get rid of it.

It was a sweet shooter. Never a reliability problem.

Thanks, I only own 1, an XDM9 & only had it 4-5 months & had not heard of the problems with the earlier versions....kinda bought it on a whim as I did not own a 9MM yet.
    I presume it is one of the "newer" ones, although I have only shot it twice.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I hate my 6 year old XD-40 too!

Boring! Load shoot..repeat...over and over.

No exciting jams or misfeeds like my old Colt 1911 or some other autos I have owned in the past. Sad...that gave me something else to do but shoot!

Yep...I hate mine, too.

LOL

- brickboy240

centexshooter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Hays County

No exciting jams or misfeeds like my old Colt 1911 or some other autos I have owned in the past. Sad...that gave me something else to do but shoot!

Yep...I hate mine, too.

LOL

- brickboy240

No argument about reliability. There was never a jam, FTF, FTE, nada.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea

Yep...I hate mine, too.

LOL

- brickboy240

If there is a problem with the XD it's that it makes trips to the range way too short because I don't get to spend all that fun time trying to figure out why a round didn't load etc... Takes all the guessing out of shooting... I don't know how I feel about that...

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    I am currently taking in "customer defective" Springfield XD's. Send in YOUR "defective" XD, and we will replace with same caliber Hi-Point Trailer Tactical....

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Just bought my second XD in 40 cal. Bought the sub-compact. Love the gun and it's size. My first was. Full size 45 with 4 inch barrel. Both great guns.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Please ship all your XD's to me, this will resolve your booboo issues.

I call sloppy seconds!

I am currently taking in "customer defective" Springfield XD's. Send in YOUR "defective" XD, and we will replace with same caliber Hi-Point Trailer Tactical....

My 2 XD's do not seem to hurt me. They feed and fire flawlessly and shoot a kind of big .45 bullet with boring consistency.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom