I ordered my IWB

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by XDGirl, Aug 2, 2008.

1. XDGirl

XDGirl Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I order this one Friday. What do you guys think "Cochise Defender" [​IMG]

2. XDGirl

XDGirl Member

Jul 30, 2008
    Wow no response. Did i buy a piece of junk:confused:

3. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    looks nice! how long is the wait? I'm waiting for my comp-tac to get here for my 1911. for some reason i like the speed/firmness of kydex/leather combo. let us know how it feels when you get the matthews!

4. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    No, NOT a piece of junk! K&D makes some great products, very well made (should last a very long time) and Kevin is a great guy to deal with. Back when I carried my HK P7PSP I carried it in an Eagle Defender and it was a nice comfortable setup. I'm 99.99% sure you'll love it. :D

5. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't know much about K&D holsters, though just by looking at it, they appear to be decently constructed at least. I wouldn't be worried about it being "junk". The only holsters I've come across that are truly junk are Fobus holsters.

Also, an interesting thing to note is those bolted on belt clips look strangely identical to CompTac's various mounting clips. So much so I almost wonder if some of CompTac's clips might just bolt right on. ;)

6. I had one of those. It was well made and pretty. However, even after a few months of use, it was still really stiff. It would hold my pants open. When wearing it at the 3:00 position, I could look down and see the waistband of my underwear. The leather backing is thick and sturdy with a thinner liner against your body. It's called the sweat guard. That thing would peel back and I had to re-glue it. I sold it and went with a different holster.

7. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Kevin's holsters are definitely not junk. If there's an area that looks like it could use some attention, let him know about it. Chances are he'll make the changes and at the very least listen to a customer's input.

K&D has been in holsters for a while and uses top quality materials. Again as in the other post, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase one of Kevin's holsters.

As for Comp-Tac clips, most makers use the same sized hardware so clips (which very often come from the same source in various styles for makers) are used and are interchangeable. Not a secret I don't think ;) I'm using Comp-Tac on mine :D

8. K-Man

K-Man New Member

Apr 11, 2008
    propellerhead: You actually had the Dakota Defender, not the Cochise Defender.

Most of the holster makers try and incorporate some amount of stiffness into the leather, as this aids in the durability of the holster. My experience has been in most instances when wearing a holster at the 3:00 position, you're not going to have perfect roundness/conformity of the holster to the body, and you're going to have some gap between the waist and the pants.

9. I stand corrected.