Guns International

I own the biggest POS mower in all of Bell County.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I hate small engines that wont run or start

I hold the record in Shackleford County for distance throwing a chain saw.
    I could probably beat your record but I live in town. I would end up picking it up out of the street or the neighbor's yard.

I can say that my personal best is 17 hits with a framing hammer on a chainsaw. Luckily I didn't have a sledge hammer handy.

I had to get it to the point that there was no sense pulling the rope anymore. It worked and I walked away smiling.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Once upon a time. My older brother borrowed two chainsaws from his father in law. He went straight horizontal into a fairly large tree. It pinched it solid. Stuck for life kinda thing.

He takes the second chainsaw and decides to cut on the other side of the tree, to free the first chainsaw. (I'm standing off to the side, watching, pondering life).

The tree falls directly on chainsaw #1 and crushes it flat. You could see the connecting rod. Work stopped at that moment and my brother had a very long decompression. Good times.

Lolololol Lolololol Lolololol. Phuck a chainsaw...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I could probably beat your record but I live in town. I would end up picking it up out of the street or the neighbor's yard.

I can say that my personal best is 17 hits with a framing hammer on a chainsaw. Luckily I didn't have a sledge hammer handy.

I had to get it to the point that there was no sense pulling the rope anymore. It worked and I walked away smiling.

Launched a blower last night. Drove straight to Lowes and bought the cheapest one they had. With a 1 year free replacement warranty. They will pay for that one.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Chainsaws are the worst for not starting. I have one that I use only a couple times a year. Gotta pull the manual out every time I try and start it.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Chainsaws are the worst for not starting. I have one that I use only a couple times a year. Gotta pull the manual out every time I try and start it.

I've learned that emptying the gas out when you are done goes a long way to making it start the next time. Gotta dump it and them run that gas out of it. It almost always starts when you do that. My Sthil needed a new bulb and gas line last fall, but other than that its been great.

Finally started up my super cheap Home Depot mower last night. It was dry. I filled it with gas, pumped the bulb 12 times, and it started on the first pull.

I think the gas I use keeps it clean. I run super unleaded, with a shot (literally a shot glass full) of 108 octane booster, and also some Sta-Bil in a 5 gallon can. On my fourth year with that cheap mower. I'm still shocked it runs like a banshee. But I've emptied the gas tank every year, and run the gas in the line out, and it seems to work really well.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    My chainsaw is a Sthil as well. I can never remember how to set the knobs to prime it. PIA piece of equipment. But it runs every time. Draining the gas every year is the key.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    15 years ago I started buying Stihl and never regretted it
    I have one Echo for climbing trimming it's good too
    My weed whacker and blowers are all Echo and Stihl also

Nothing else will do

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    My chainsaw is a Sthil as well. I can never remember how to set the knobs to prime it. PIA piece of equipment. But it runs every time. Draining the gas every year is the key.
    I have 4 Stihl chain saws I don't have to set any knobs
    I just set the selector to cold start and it starts
    They also start up great after they are already hot which is good

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Stihl makes great stuff. The weed wacker I had started and ran great no matter how long it sat. Worked perfectly until the primer bulb failed at about 10 years old.

If I need a gas powered chainsaw or weed wacker again it will be a Stihl.

The one I smashed with a hammer was not.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I have 4 Stihl chain saws I don't have to set any knobs
    I just set the selector to cold start and it starts
    They also start up great after they are already hot which is good
    They can’t be very reliable if you gotta have 4 of them.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They can’t be very reliable if you gotta have 4 of them.
    Each has its job
    MS 291 for the bigger jobs
    And older 250 for smaller work
    HT 56 -8ft pole saw for high reach and fence cleaning and the small Echo with 14 inch bar for climbing and one handed trimming
    I use that one a lot, it stays in the back of my Polaris as the ranch

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I have an Echo line trimmer, and yea nothing I have starts as easily every single time. It's good stuff.

Top Bottom