Capitol Armory ad

I put a Springfield Mil-spec on layaway!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    I am so pumped, but nervous. I am not telling my wife, I hope to sell off some stuff before I get it, so it will be a neutral dollar exchange...BUTTERFLIES IN STOMACH!
    Lynx Defense

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Pawn shops and some gun stores like Carter's Country will allow you to put a 20% deposit on a gun. You then have two to three months to pay it off. If you don't pay it off you lose the 20% deposit.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I live in Mesquite texas and both shops I frequent have layaway. One you have to put 33% or 1/3 down and pay the rest within 90 days. The other shop is 20% I think and you also have 90 days. I did have a buddy that put a gun on layaway and ended up not having the money and lost about $400 dollars because he didnt pay within the 90 days. That sucks. I on the other hand love the layaway system with gun shops.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I live in Mesquite texas and both shops I frequent have layaway. One you have to put 33% or 1/3 down and pay the rest within 90 days. The other shop is 20% I think and you also have 90 days. I did have a buddy that put a gun on layaway and ended up not having the money and lost about $400 dollars because he didnt pay within the 90 days. That sucks. I on the other hand love the layaway system with gun shops.

Buddy should have asked a friend to finish out the payments and them them hold the gun until he could finish paying or just try to sell it for a little more than the remaining balance...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Well, I sold my Kimber, so with some of that money, I paid it off, it should be here later today...

I did this all wrong, I should have sold the Kimber first, then shopped around, but when I saw the gun on sale at that price, I felt I would not be able to beat that. Now, if I can sell my HK, then I can get a used GI...and maybe a used XD.

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    I think Academy sporting goods still lets you do this.
    Congrats on the 1911 stealth purchase.

They do not. I believe they did away with it about 2 years ago. I don't even think Wal-Mart has lay-away anymore.

I like layaway with guns stores. I've bought a few guns that way. The only thing that sucks though about some places, like say for instance Carters Country, their prices are higher and instead of getting a better deal somewhere else I have to pay their high prices. Or just save up and get what I want.

Top Bottom