• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I ordered them from Cheaperthandirt.com yesterday, and they were waiting on my desk when I got back from lunch. Here is a picture of them.

cp25sg3.jpg

I didn't want to spend a crapload on an Eotech or an ACOG, but I still wanted night capability. These were all of $73.

They took all of about 15 minutes to install. That included the time I had to spend making a few pin-punches out of nails to get my rear sight apart. They glow really bright in the dark, I'm quite pleased with them.
    Texas SOT

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm hoping to get out to the range this weekend, I will have some .223 loaded by then. I've turned all the lights out in my room, and they are quite easy to see. I'll be going out in a few weeks and I will be walking around at night with it. I prefer to have something like this with me when I am walking out at night on my buddies property, you never know what kind of hog or other beast will find you.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    webbers here in temple has rev f eotech 512s for i think 336 i paid 399 for mine at cabelas in ft worth. I wouldnt steer you wrong i love my eotech

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    Range Report: I've got the Trijcon night sights on my Bushmaster with 16" barrel and A3 rear sight and from what I've seen, they perform very well - especially at the ranges you'll be using them at night for...being you only get tritium on the wider rear sight giving a sort of glow in your eye that seems to form or blurry line in the dark...just put the front site dot in the line you see in your eye and your on target.

The only thing is it takes a little while to install the rear sight without a good AR-15 tool set. I too had to spend some time with the rear sight and ended up having to replace one pin...my own fault. The front sight is easy with a sight tool, about one minute start to finish.

gladi8r

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    If you shop there for everything you will save money. Some things are more expensive and some are cheaper, They have a great staff the dad owns it and his two boys and another gentlemen run it. At first i was hesitant cause im the kinda guy who will drive 50 miles to save 4 bucks but now i just go there, I am also a member of there range here in Troy and go 3 times a week overall i am satisfied with em. They will try to match are at least come close to it if you find a firearm are parts cheaper else where, they also do gunsmithing.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Next time I head to Waco to visit relatives I'll make a point to stop in Weber's and probably buy some of those Trijicons for my AR. Thanks for the heads up. Coming from Temple on I-35 what exit would be best to take?

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I got to try these out at a buddies ranch last weekend. They worked really well at night. It came in real handy when we had to check a hunters cabin out in the middle of a night.

Top Bottom