• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Been a couple months since we moved. Getting the hang of the area, the people, the attitudes and the life. We still have not completed our transition though. We both still need to get new carry permits. We've already gotten held up with their stupid 5 day waiting period to take home a purchased firearm. We traveled 3 times to the receiving FFL that was 45min away because we were given the wrong pick up date, after the initial let down of "You know you can't take this home today, right?". This is after waiting two and a half months for the custom order. Suffice to say we have a bad taste in our mouth. Feels like such BS to have to wait. Especially coming from TX where we were already established and used to cash & carry from FFLs. The more I think about it the more I'm beginning to resent having to do the carry permit process all over again. The app is ~$120. We have to schedule an appt and go in and get all the reqs done at once (which is convenient), assuming my TxCHL/ppw counts for "proof of competency". If not, I'll have to take a ccw class. Needless to say I'm beginning to resent the fact I have to do this process all over again. Pay again. Not just so I can carry but so I an bypass NICS. It really feels like my hands are tied with this wait period stuff. And I only have one hand!!!!!

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest.
    Texas SOT

Top Bottom