• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    At the gun store. A young East Indian couple was at a gun store buying their first gun it seems. It was apparent they knew little about firearms. So, they bought a Walther P22 with crappy Chinese-made laser. Price? $449 plus tax. Ouch. I wanted to pull them aside and say, get the Ruger 22/45 Mark III for $294 instead (which is still too much).
    Gun Zone Deals

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    lots of people getting bent over,hell i couldn't even go to the gun store my buddies work at to buy a glock 19. everything the gm prices is way too high,there it would have been 599....went to CTD and got it for 499. go figure.

Hawghauler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Idaho
    Oh well, at least they got a gun. There have been a few raping bad deals I have passed on that I now wish I had bought. The Walther is a good little 22.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Raped???? really?

I was kinda thinking the same thing if you're questioning the term being used for this example.

I'm not particularly fond of that term as a description for anything other than it's 'suppose to be'. It's not very pretty and it can hit close to home for users and guests.

I would politely request to everyone that this term not be used to describe some of the more general things we discuss in regards to being taken advantage of. It's one thing to severely overpay or get ripped off buying guns, toys and things we use. It's another to actually have a person force themselves on someone and take physical advantage of.

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    I was kinda thinking the same thing if you're questioning the term being used for this example.

I'm not particularly fond of that term as a description for anything other than it's 'suppose to be'. It's not very pretty and it can hit close to home for users and guests.

I would politely request to everyone that this term not be used to describe some of the more general things we discuss in regards to being taken advantage of. It's one thing to severely overpay or get ripped off buying guns, toys and things we use. It's another to actually have a person force themselves on someone and take physical advantage of.

The mods are free to edit my title. Just an expression for me. No offense meant.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    When I read the title, I thought sexual attack.

This is from dictionary.com:

raped

- 5 dictionary results
    rape

1  /reɪp/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [reyp] Show IPA noun, verb, raped, rap⋅ing.
    Use raped in a Sentence

See web results for raped

See images of raped

–noun
    1.the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
    2.any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
    3.statutory rape.
    4.an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
    5.Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

–verb (used with object)
    6.to force to have sexual intercourse.
    7.to plunder (a place); despoil.
    8.to seize, take, or carry off by force.

No dog in this fight, just saying...

ml1209

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    When I read the title, I thought sexual attack.

This is from dictionary.com:

raped

- 5 dictionary results
    rape

1  /reɪp/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [reyp] Show IPA noun, verb, raped, rap⋅ing.
    Use raped in a Sentence

See web results for raped

See images of raped

–noun
    1.the unlawful compelling of a woman through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
    2.any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
    3.statutory rape.
    4.an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
    5.Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.

–verb (used with object)
    6.to force to have sexual intercourse.
    7.to plunder (a place); despoil.
    8.to seize, take, or carry off by force.

No dog in this fight, just saying...

I think the point has been made.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    There are women on this board?

That's great. I guess I should mind my manners from now on.

Thanks

I like that TGTs site feels more like a hunting cabin than a baby shower. I'm not a girly-girl and would rather go have fun outside with the boys. Just the way I was raised. All my hobbies are traditionally "guy things" and I understand there's dirty speaking and acting that goes on and that's fine. But in an effort to keep things from completely deteriorating into Lord of the Flies I do ask some kind of line exist now and again.

I like that most the guys here have families; wives and daughters they lead and teach. Makes me feel at home. I suppose some of it is feeling safe having mentors and brothers around. Hearing their input about situations in the news and today is encouraging as I know they take those very same opinions and positions to raise and protect their own

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX

+100 on this as well. I don't even think ripped off is a good description because the couple had the opportunity to shop prices before buying but certainly do need to describe using the other R word.

Top Bottom