• ...and so much more!
  • navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    No puppy in the fight.... err discussion either. I've heard that term used often to describe situations as outlined, and always thought it was a bit strong. "taken advantage of" seems more appropriate. We live and learn, and move on.

Mate

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Houston
    I feel no sympathy for them. If it was important enough to them to get a good gun/price they would have done so. Almost everyone has the internet, and a little searching can go a long way.

BTW, when I first saw the thread title, I thought "what a *****, why did he just watch, and not help them?"

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    If it was important enough to them to get a good gun/price they would have done so. Almost everyone has the internet, and a little searching can go a long way.

I feel the same way. My mother in-law called me last night, exasperated that the full motion LCD tv wall mounts are $800. Well, yes....the one she looked at was $800. However, there are tons of places to find them for under $200. Within 2 minutes, I had found a ton of them for under $200.

Computers are for more than just email. Use the tools that are available to you.

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    At the gun store. A young East Indian couple was at a gun store buying their first gun it seems. It was apparent they knew little about firearms. So, they bought a Walther P22 with crappy Chinese-made laser. Price? $449 plus tax. Ouch. I wanted to pull them aside and say, get the Ruger 22/45 Mark III for $294 instead (which is still too much).

Well weather they were raped, bent over, or just plain screwed, all common terms, they didn't get a great deal. But anyone buying a Ruger Mark III should see this simplified version of how to break it down and reassemble it beforing buying one. Especially people that don't have experience with guns.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm2P4kP0]YouTube - Ruger Mark III Dis/Assembly[/URL]
    I have a lot of pistols and all of them are different when breaking down and reassembling. Some are easier than others but none of them are the pain in the rear that the Mark III is. I bet there are a lot of very dirty Mark III's out there.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    Well weather they were raped, bent over, or just plain screwed, all common terms, they didn't get a great deal. But anyone buying a Ruger Mark III should see this simplified version of how to break it down and reassemble it beforing buying one. Especially people that don't have experience with guns.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHJm2P4kP0YouTube - Ruger Mark III Dis/Assembly
    I have a lot of pistols and all of them are different when breaking down and reassembling. Some are easier than others but none of them are the pain in the rear that the Mark III is. I bet there are a lot of very dirty Mark III's out there.

This sir, is a travesty of justice!
    It took me a whole weekend of cursing and hammering to ACCIDENTALLY figure out how to re-assemble my Ruger MkII way back when.

Blasted internet, making stuff simpler.:banghead:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom