• ...and so much more!
  • BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    My cousin stopped by yesterday and we were talking about the shooting. He used to work in the movie business and worked on the set of many, notably Lonesome Dove. He told me a lot about some of the actors and in the scene where one of them was in the water with another guy with bullets flying all around them, he and another guy were shooting paint balls at the water to simulate bullets. At least I think it was lonesome dove. He told me that story years ago.

Anyway, he says in all the shooting scenes he saw where guns were aimed at the camera, the camera operators where behind a clear bullet proof screen with a hole cut in it for the camera lens. He said they did that to make absolutely sure no one was hurt. Maybe Alec was working on the cheap?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Though it’s from last week, some really great insight on how racing to the bottom most likely influenced a whole lot of decisions on that set.

I did not know the film’s insurer can deny coverage if the production team did not adhere to the prop plan during filming.

What that leads me to believe is that like most things, insurers will be the ones who drive functioning firearms off set. Even then, there will still be those will run the risk….

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Though it’s from last week, some really great insight on how racing to the bottom most likely influenced a whole lot of decisions on that set.

I did not know the film’s insurer can deny coverage if the production team did not adhere to the prop plan during filming.

What that leads me to believe is that like most things, insurers will be the ones who drive functioning firearms off set. Even then, there will still be those will run the risk….

Maybe well beyond past time that functional real guns ARE taken out of movie sets. Let 'em have airsoft, rubber guns, realistic replicas that cannot function or be converted to fire live rounds. Save lives from negligent gun handling. Then all those felons in Hollyweird won't risk committing more felonies from being in posesssion of a weapon, nor will the people handing them the guns be committing the crime of providing said weapon.

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    When he made "The Edge" Anthony Hopkins didn't know how lucky he was.

the edge.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not just that - there's a bunch of drift. I bet there's 2 or 3 pages less when he's done!
    Clean up completed. The thread lost 9 pages.

ETA: The volume didn't surprise me. When I realized I was deleting a number of my own posts as off-topic (as well as a few from other staff members), it dawned on me that the cuts were going to run deep.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    So it appears Reed loaded it with dummy rounds, so that during close-up the cylinders would appear full. These dummy rounds had no primers, and holes drilled through the case to show make Id even easier.

Yet after incident, they found an empty case, undrilled, with primer.

But it alludes the time gap between when Reed loaded it and Hall grabbed it, was hours, spanning lunch. Thus implying someone might have taken it out for a live shoot during lunch.

This also implies for Baldwin to "check" gun, he would have to have removed every round, check them and re-insert them, or at least spin cylinder to see no primers on all rounds.

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Looks like the douche Baldwin will indeed skate with the current investigation focused on the AD and the armorer. Why am I not surprised that they are being thrown under the bus while Baldwin goes clean?

I was taught at an early age that you treat EVERY gun as if it is loaded. Rule #1, check for a bullet in the chamber! Blaming recklessness on someone else is wrong!

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Looks like the douche Baldwin will indeed skate with the current investigation focused on the AD and the armorer. Why am I not surprised that they are being thrown under the bus while Baldwin goes clean?

Because if you hire a chef for your dinner party and everyone gets sick (or if just one person gets sick and another dies).

Then it is the "expert", hired to take that liability, that bears the brunt if not all the blame, not the host as some here would say.

This by all accounts was a fubar production, but I would expect the investigators to start with who they believe bears the most responsibility and then work towards investigating the rest.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The questions I would want answers to.
    If the guns were put on a cart outside the building, who was attending the cart to make sure that nothing happened?
    Where were they?
    Why was anything but dummy rounds anywhere near them for a rehearsal?
    Why use a real gun for rehearsal when a fake or Blue Gun is way safer and cheaper?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    The doj in California is terrible. I remember long ago reading how Stallone has or had felonies on his record and paid to be able to use firearms and possibly own. Now...if his record was not expunged or set aside/sealed, you like me think ok guess a judge granted relief. Hm...Actor can pay serious money and judge grants relief...hhhmmmm.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The doj in California is terrible. I remember long ago reading how Stallone has or had felonies on his record and paid to be able to use firearms and possibly own. Now...if his record was not expunged or set aside/sealed, you like me think ok guess a judge granted relief. Hm...Actor can pay serious money and judge grants relief...hhhmmmm.

Par for the course, methinks.

Much like New York, LA gives CHL to political donors and celebrities…the “ruling class”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    The questions I would want answers to.
    If the guns were put on a cart outside the building, who was attending the cart to make sure that nothing happened?
    Why was anything but dummy rounds anywhere near them for a rehearsal?
    Why use a real gun for rehearsal when a fake or Blue Gun is way safer and cheaper?

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

My read of the article was:

1) Guns were put on cart after lunch, in presence of armorer. The issue you are alluding to his how many people had access to the safe where the guns were kept when not needed.

2) Exactly.

3) Blue gun would not work since they needed a "real" gun for close-up to see bullets in cylinder when they shot it, presumably right after his practice draws since they were moving camera for lighting, thus implying they were close rolling film.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The more I think about it, the more I realize the line between civil and criminal liability is a little too blurry in a case like this.

Seriously, if you can put a goatrope together and somebody ends up dead, the question is about whether a crime occurred or not. Then I think about how the Elkhart Four were convicted of felony murder.

How does that relate to this deal? I’m kind of to the point that everybody involved is culpable to a degree and should be charged equally and let the jury/juries determine who, if anyone, was criminally liable. After that, let the civil suits fly, too.

Seems the only fair way to go about it.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    This by all accounts was a fubar production, but I would expect the investigators to start with who they believe bears the most responsibility and then work towards investigating the rest.

Well they investigators have said ALL of the safety mistakes were survivable, except one - the one where Baldwin pointed a gun at someone and pulled the trigger.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom