• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • or.slacker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2018
    US
    So it appears Reed loaded it with dummy rounds, so that during close-up the cylinders would appear full. These dummy rounds had no primers, and holes drilled through the case to show make Id even easier.

Yet after incident, they found an empty case, undrilled, with primer.

But it alludes the time gap between when Reed loaded it and Hall grabbed it, was hours, spanning lunch. Thus implying someone might have taken it out for a live shoot during lunch.

This also implies for Baldwin to "check" gun, he would have to have removed every round, check them and re-insert them, or at least spin cylinder to see no primers on all rounds.

He could have looked the the primers, or just pull the trigger with the gun pointed down and run thru the cylinders.
    Many times I have use my real guns in the house with a laser cartridge to do some practice, it can be really fun going against my kids. We basically play a game with the rules of darts. Done it a few years now. But I still send the first trigger pull in to the ground when loading the laser cartridge. Even my kids know to check the first trigger pull.

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    F1F1A0B2-A95B-48FD-BE61-ECDDEDE6AB5F.jpeg

A different armorer talking about his process for “demonstrating cold”.

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    What is the SOP for this? What are the "rules"in lala land? Is it different depending on that state? Does the actor have any responsibility to check the firearm or are those checks suppose to be done and the actors just play their part?

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    What is the SOP for this? What are the "rules"in lala land? Is it different depending on that state? Does the actor have any responsibility to check the firearm or are those checks suppose to be done and the actors just play their part?

They’re fairly straight forward, here is the rundown from Propmaster Dutch Merrick’s point of view (describing armorer/actor duties)

046C31BD-4DE4-4FA4-BD14-2FB9716EAB2F.jpeg

link to theLatch article

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    From the article above....

"If a performer is handed a firearm to use in a scene, they trust that the props department and armourers have done their due diligence and followed protocol and that the weapon is safe for use.

Says Merrick, “I really need to reiterate that the actors have a focus on their dialogue and their emotion and where they got to stand on their lighting and how to react to the other actor…They need to be able to stand firmly and know that the wall is not going to fall down on their head, they need to know that the gun that they’re being handed is ready to go and it’s safe and it’s not going to hurt anybody.”

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It comes down to the very basic of gun safety rules that were either not enforced or ignored. I have stated before that everyone that handled the gun bears some form of responsibility for what happened. I will stand by that.

I think we are looking at this and applying standards many or most of us apply to ourselves regarding the safe handing of firearms. With the exception of just a few on that set, I would suppose most are not "gun"people, and just assume certain things about guns, and safety probably not one of them.

And then factor is that unions dictate a lot of what and how things are done on a movie set. Who can and can't do what. This isn't a world most of us are familiar with and I just don't think we can apply the same standards with this incident. But by that token, from several articles I have read, they even seemed to ignore their own sets of rules regarding guns on the set of a movie.

The investigation is ongoing by the sheriff's department and the DA in New Mexico to determine whether it amounts to being a criminal action or not.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …And then factor is that unions dictate a lot of what and how things are done on a movie set.
    Replace union with special interest and on a movie set with at their activities and you find out really quick there’s a metric shit ton of shadow ‘justice’ systems out there that hide a lot of criminal activity.

That’s something I have a huge problem with.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    He pointed a REAL gun at someone and pulled the trigger.
    I could be wrong.
    But I'm gonna guess that Tom Nix, Roy Roger's, Gene Autry, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Arnold *********, Sylvester Stallone, etc. etc......... did as well.

It's a fucked up deal.
    It shouldn't have happened.
    It's really not political.

I believe it'll change cinema for the worse.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I could be wrong.
    But I'm gonna guess that Tom Nix, Roy Roger's, Gene Autry, John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Arnold *********, Sylvester Stallone, etc. etc......... did as well.

It's a fucked up deal.
    It shouldn't have happened.
    It's really not political.

I believe it'll change cinema for the worse.

I do as well.

I'm guessing most of those you listed did not allow their anti 2A slant to impede their judgement in handling a firearm safely.

The damnable irony here is that a self-professed anti-gunner would star in a film glorifying guns and violence.

As a Christian, I would never be in a film portraying a character who glorified/promoted anti Christian beliefs or an immoral lifestyle.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My read of the article was:

1) Guns were put on cart after lunch, in presence of armorer. The issue you are alluding to his how many people had access to the safe where the guns were kept when not needed.

2) Exactly.

3) Blue gun would not work since they needed a "real" gun for close-up to see bullets in cylinder when they shot it, presumably right after his practice draws since they were moving camera for lighting, thus implying they were close rolling film.
    Where the guns were stored when not needed is totally irrelevant.
    Assuming the armorer checked them to verify their safety before placing them on the cart for use, who if anyone, had custody of them afterward?
    Did a qualified individual supervise them or was the cart just parked and left?
    Who was allowed to handle them while on the cart.

You know. The whole chain of custody thing. It matters in who is most culpable. And could point to someone playing a prank, or intentional sabotage, that turned deadly.
    I could care less where they are kept overnight. What matters most is the chain of custody AFTER they came out of the "armory".
    And a Blue gun with the cylinder milled and painted to look like it had bullets in it, or a toy gun with plastic bullets, would have done the same as a real gun for camera angle and lighting.
    Still no excuse.
    And just for the record, I have worked on setting up stages and stage lighting for the local IATSE. Such as havng actors in specific spots lit up for specific "shots" or views. It ain't that hard.
    Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I'm in a shooting range learning basic handling from an instructor. He tells me the weapon is unloaded. I point it in an unsafe direction and shoot someone. They die.

What might be my guilt/responsibility level?

I'm seriously listening.

Does the venue impact my level of responsibility? And if so, why?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Staff online

• Vaquero
      Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom