• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    So, I guess it remains to be seen if he just "willy nilly" shot at the people, or was he shooting at the camera (for the shot), and they were behind it.

I think he was rehearsing the scene. My info was that he was practicing his cross draw while the other crew were on break and they were setting up/framing the shot. Whether the shot required him to be aiming at the camera, I don't know. But he pulled the trigger with each practice draw, according to on set witness, and that last time it went bang.

At any rate, the camera should have been shielded or operated remotely and nobody behind the camera.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And the finger-pointing starts. As head armorer, it was her job, being in charge of the weapons and ammo to ensure safety.

She asserts:

Hannah Gutierrez Reed said she pushed for safety meetings on the Alec Baldwin-produced film but was denied​

If those meetings were denied, she should have quit and let them find another person to be the head armorer for the production of the movie.

Personally, I have quit jobs because of unsafe working conditions and because no one wanted to make the proper changes to make the work-site safe. IMO, because she decided to stay, rather than quit, she bears as much responsibility as anyone else that handled the gun that led to a fatal shooting on the set.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I’m sorry if i missed it, but was it, but was the round fired a blank? Or a regular FMJ round? The article made it sound like regular ammunition.

Which just sounds insane. Is it my ignorance, or is there a reason movies to have live ammo in the area?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Breitbart expands the previous article and goes on to tell us that the AD who handed the gun to Baldwin had allegedly been fired from a set before after an accidental discharge

Another news source I read last night, pretty much the same article. said the sheriff's department recovered about 500 live rounds of ammo from the set. Hmmm.....

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I’m sorry if i missed it, but was it, but was the round fired a blank? Or a regular FMJ round? The article made it sound like regular ammunition.

Which just sounds insane. Is it my ignorance, or is there a reason movies to have live ammo in the area?

I doubt seriously that a blank would have completely passed through a body and gone in to another.

Yes.
    Never should have live ammo any where near a movie being filmed.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

From my understanding, it was a live round. Not a blank. Hence the fact it went through the women that was killed, and exiting, hit the person behind her in the shoulder.

ETA: ninj'd by Cam!

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos

Yep. Live round.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Too bad this guy is no longer alive; he was the lawyer who carried the water for Ted Kennedy in the Chappaquiddick case. Baldwin could use a someone experienced in a cover up.

S9ujGt8l.jpg

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun

Hannah Gutierrez Reed said she pushed for safety meetings on the Alec Baldwin-produced film but was denied​

If those meetings were denied, she should have quit and let them find another person to be the head armorer for the production of the movie.

Personally, I have quit jobs because of unsafe working conditions and because no one wanted to make the proper changes to make the work-site safe. IMO, because she decided to stay, rather than quit, she bears as much responsibility as anyone else that handled the gun that led to a fatal shooting on the set.

Easy to say, looking back on things at an advanced age with the wisdom of years and the assertive nature that is acquired.

But as a 24yr old airhead on her second assignment as head armorer? Working with an older actor/producer that has a HUGE ego? While trying to break into the field of armorer and that being put at risk by making waves to a producer like Baldwin? Well, I don't think that is likely for most young people.

I've done things my superior at Air Life of Oregon demanded that I do, that I knew were going to be problematic, in order to keep my cozy job.... and they ended up being problematic. It took me another year to quit/walk away. I'm not sorry I walked away, even tho it cost me dearly, but I am regretting complying with those directives!!! I can see how a younger mind might not be able to handle a person like Baldwin.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Easy to say, looking back on things at an advanced age with the wisdom of years and the assertive nature that is acquired.

But as a 24yr old airhead on her second assignment as head armorer? Working with an older actor/producer that has a HUGE ego? While trying to break into the field of armorer and that being put at risk by making waves to a producer like Baldwin? Well, I don't think that is likely for most young people.

I've done things my superior at Air Life of Oregon demanded that I do, that I knew were going to be problematic, in order to keep my cozy job.... and they ended up being problematic. It took me another year to quit/walk away. I'm not sorry I walked away, even tho it cost me dearly, but I am regretting complying with those directives!!! I can see how a younger mind might not be able to handle a person like Baldwin.
    I totally agree with what you're saying, and was thinking pretty much the same thing about her.

But that decision now, could end up biting her in the ass now. Possibly being charged with a criminal act, as well open to civil lawsuits for the death, and injury to others.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    And the finger-pointing starts. As head armorer, it was her job, being in charge of the weapons and ammo to ensure safety.

She asserts:

My favorite part from the Fox article:

Despite Gutierrez Reed's statement, district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said that criminal charges have not been ruled out for people involved, including Gutierrez Reed and Baldwin. However, as Gutierrez Reed tries to shift the blame to the producers of the film, it’s worth noting that includes Baldwin, who was a producer on "Rust" as well as an actor. Several legal experts have noted that his position as a producer leaves him open to civil litigation, even if he escapes any criminal charges.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    You know, if my non-Hollyweird self can figure out how to take a picture (or video, if I wanted) with the gun aimed "at the camera" in a safe manner - the "experts" should really have that down and that could've prevented this from happening.

f4GvFER.jpg

The gun used is a BB gun - the C02 powered BB trainer of the M&P - aimed at a mirror. If my trigger discipline was shit, the worst that could've happened would be putting a crack in my wife's mirror. No one was down range of my muzzle. Hell, I wasn't even behind the camera, save for my hand.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I totally agree with what you're saying, and was thinking pretty much the same thing about her.

But that decision now, could end up biting her in the ass now. Possibly being charged with a criminal act, as well open to civil lawsuits for the death, and injury to others.

'Zactly. In the real world, and even sometimes in Hollyweird, decisions come back to bite you. Unfortunately, being so young can make one doubly vulnerable to making those bad decisions. Lord knows how any of us survived our youth with limbs and finances intact, cuz as budding adults there was nobody else there to guide us most of the time.

Top Bottom