• ...and so much more!
  • tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    So, I guess it remains to be seen if he just "willy nilly" shot at the people, or was he shooting at the camera (for the shot), and they were behind it.

He was supposed to draw and point into the lens from about 20-30 feet away (distance = my estimation). If he were to be using blanks, I can see them wanting a trigger pull as well (but since they were standing behind and next to the camera AND the gun was supposed to be only loaded with dummies i doubt “firing” was part of the sequence).

If Alec was a better shot, could hutchins be alive and the camera be destroyed?

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    more memes popping up daily

Attachments

• 7613E09D-1EC7-4883-BC91-E9D0EBAE2D41.jpeg
      7613E09D-1EC7-4883-BC91-E9D0EBAE2D41.jpeg
      98.7 KB · Views: 90

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    The memes are truly glorious.
    except the nerf one- that’s the only weak one

Back to the topic; missing from this thread is my comment about the Prop-master. I find it odd that they aren’t mentioned.

Did it get deleted when you got rid of the nonsense comments, Ben?

Last edited:

Alpha.Geek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    Tyler "suburbs"... :)

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    Nope. It is common and accepted movie industry standard that the prop managers and armorers are responsible for checking, and that the actor accepts a "HOT/COLD" gun and the scene moves on immediately.

That said, some armorers/mgrs insist, AFAIK, that the firearm is "proven" to the actor to be shown clear via opening the cylinder and sticking a rod down the barrel. In the case of "dummy" rounds, the primers should not be present... an easy and fast double check. IMO omitting this step because of getting in a rush due to low budget or actor ego is negligent.

And in no case, AFAIK, in modern movie practice is a firearm to be pointed in an unsafe/unprotected direction and the trigger pulled. This violates all common safety rules AND movie industry standards!!! = Negligence.

I will not argue the point, except to say movie industry standard should NEVER take precedence over safe gun handling standards.

If the gun is in your hands, the gun is your responsibility. Movie industry standards mean NOTHING.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I do as well.

I'm guessing most of those you listed did not allow their anti 2A slant to impede their judgement in handling a firearm safely.

The damnable irony here is that a self-professed anti-gunner would star in a film glorifying guns and violence.

As a Christian, I would never be in a film portraying a character who glorified/promoted anti Christian beliefs or an immoral lifestyle.

I agree with what you wrote here.

Thank you.

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    On another forum I saw this:

"Alec, If the scene required you to point the gun at your head pull the trigger, would you have taken the time to check to see if it was unloaded?"

This!

I said the same thing among many other things about the huge lack of GUN SAFETY on and off of the STAGE/SET to my husband when the story first broke too.

Cate

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Dang, I had no idea of the enormous butthurt you carry. I apologize.
    Project much?

This wont end well.

Folks left you alone, cause of your thin skin and the mods asked, even though you are the instigator. Then just like that you start again.

It's a pattern.

Like I said before, you dont take criticism well so you probably shouldn't start crap again.

You do you.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Looks like the douche Baldwin will indeed skate with the current investigation focused on the AD and the armorer. Why am I not surprised that they are being thrown under the bus while Baldwin goes clean?

He may not be found to be criminally liable or be charged with any criminal acts, but he can still be the main focus for a civil lawsuit for firing the gun and as the executive producer of the movie.

Burden of proof is way lower in civil litigation than in criminal court.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I will not argue the point, except to say movie industry standard should NEVER take precedence over safe gun handling standards.

If the gun is in your hands, the gun is your responsibility. Movie industry standards mean NOTHING.
    You are trying to apply standards that most of us who are involved with guns on daily, or at least a regular basis apply to guns. And for the record, I don't disagree with you.

Had just the very basics of gun safety rules had been applied in this incident, it would never have made it to the point where we are now.

I also agree, every one that handled that gun, is responsible for that tragic incident.

Movie industry standards, especially in regards to gun safety should mean nothing. Safety should be priority number one.

Top Bottom