• ...and so much more!
  • tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    Schneider is fairly respected as a veteran actor/director/musician.

5FA58F71-039E-427B-8848-FE25DD988AD2.jpeg

it’ll be interesting to hear from the Prop-master (on many sets they’re senior to the armorer).

DK Firearms

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I will not argue the point, except to say movie industry standard should NEVER take precedence over safe gun handling standards.

If the gun is in your hands, the gun is your responsibility. Movie industry standards mean NOTHING.

Their world, their workplace, their problem, their responsibility.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. I only made the comments to make their actions/practices more clear, not to justify.

But when you start by saying I will not argue, except.......... kinda makes me smile.

Regards,

bb

tonelar

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    El Paso
    I agree 100% with you, AW.

if hollyweird wasn’t so dead set against the association, the industry would benefit from acknowledging the NRA (instead of being as anti 2A as they appear to be).

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I saw last night that the incident has been ruled an "accident" and no charges will be brought. Is this true? Oy vey.

And several nauseating clips of Baldwin standing in the street and proclaiming his virtue and wanting to be a SJW for change in Hollyweird... less guns in movies, better safety standards, etc.

He not only comes out smelling like a rose, but his feet have been washed with rose water.

Color me unsurprised.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I saw last night that the incident has been ruled an "accident" and no charges will be brought. Is this true? Oy vey.

And several nauseating clips of Baldwin standing in the street and proclaiming his virtue and wanting to be a SJW for change in Hollyweird... less guns in movies, better safety standards, etc.

He not only comes out smelling like a rose, but his feet have been washed with rose water.

Color me unsurprised.
    I think if his politics were right wing, the left would be calling for his head and most of you who bring up his politics in the course of assigning blame would suddenly be defending him.

We should avoid ignoring facts or circumstances just to find excise to dislike someone we dislike even more. And we need to recognize CONVENTIONS like checking a firearm's load status are CONVENTIONS. Good idea? Sure, but we know that because we're gun folk. I don't expect a civilian (queue the butthurt) to stand to the side of a door when they knock like I do because they are not in the same business as me.

I don't think Baldwin acted criminally, based on what I have heard about common practice of movie safety. Could things have been done to prevent this? Yes. But he hired an expert to make sure things were safe and THAT person bears the blame IMO, much more so that Baldwin.

I think the master of arms may have acted recklessly, possibly to the extent of a crime, but we still don't know all that much beyond rumors.

Civilly, I would expect both parties, and whoever may have went shooting over lunch or left the live rounds nearby or in the pistol to be paying out some big money and that responsibility will not be decided in court.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Look up Manslaughter sometime and tell me it doesn't apply.
    I'm well aware of the elements of the offense and the required culpable mental state and I do not think it applies to Baldwin. I think Baldwin absolved (that means "got rid of the blame" for those of you in Rio Linda) himself of "should have known" when a purported expert he hired to ensure things were safe hands him a gun and tells him it it cold/safe/empty or whatever.

Just because there was an enoumous cock-up, doesn't mean it is criminal and if it is determined to be criminal, it doesnt mean it was committed by the person pulling the trigger.

Would you explain why you think it does? I understand there may be a difference opinion on these sorts of things. I just want to make sure I am judging his actions by standards I would be using if I liked him.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    I would agree Alec Baldwin used a firearm in the course of acting and was handed the firearm that the armorer had the full responsibility to be sure it was safe.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I'm well aware of the elements of the offense and the required culpable mental state and I do not think it applies to Baldwin. I think Baldwin absolved (that means "got rid of the blame" for those of you in Rio Linda) himself of "should have known" when a purported expert he hired to ensure things were safe hands him a gun and tells him it it cold/safe/empty or whatever.

Just because there was an enoumous cock-up, doesn't mean it is criminal and if it is determined to be criminal, it doesnt mean it was committed by the person pulling the trigger.

Would you explain why you think it does? I understand there may be a difference opinion on these sorts of things. I just want to make sure I am judging his actions by standards I would be using if I liked him.

Involuntary Manslaughter under NM statute requires no intent or specific mental state. He should be charged.

Top Bottom