I see why Hollywood is afraid of firearms - Alec Baldwin kills set employee

ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dec 12, 2020
Texas
Like Glock refusing to put Sig's name on their guns, calling their .357 Sig ".357 Auto" in the rollmarks and in literature about the gun. I think they just refer to .40SW as ".40" on the chambers.
image.jpeg

Maybe on nEwer ones?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Some new info. Normally I wouldn’t post something from Variety, but this has an affidavit embedded that seems to corroborate some information that’s reported.

Lots of gossip/theory promulgation otherwise.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Some new info. Normally I wouldn’t post something from Variety, but this has an affidavit embedded that seems to corroborate some information that’s reported.

Interesting.

There are going to be several people each doing their part in the chain leading up to this killing. No one will be held accountable except thru civil litigation.

Small shit adds up

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apr 20, 2020
Magnolia
Quoted for Truth.

Most law enforcement rarely touched a gun till the academy and many continue that practice after and thru their careers.

Yeah. I knew a deputy back in OR that was like that. I was on a ride along with him once, and we were discussing firearms and training. At the time, this agency didn't issue guns. They had an approved list deputies had to pick from and buy their own. He carried a Sig 220, I asked what made him go with that vs the more popular Glocks (IIRC, they allowed only Glock, Sig, or HK at that point, no Berettas, no Smiths, and no Rugers - except those who elected to carry a revolver could only carry a Smith or a Ruger) - he said that's what the guy at the gun shop recommended to him.

He wasn't a shooter, didn't particularly like guns, and said that he would happily do the job without the gun if he could, and only carried because it was department policy. Dude didn't shoot recreationally or anything.

Same gent, in another conversation, said he went to work for our local SO because he failed the typing test for a neighboring county, where he actually wanted to work more. Dude wasn't the most computer savvy, and the other county had a minimum typing standard (I think it was 35wpm when I applied, it was pretty damn low) whereas the county I lived in had no such requirement. Dude was a hunt & peck typist.

He was pretty good at the other aspects of his job, I do want to give him credit there. His personal interaction skills with contacts was solid, he knew the traffic code in and out, could spot out of date tags like no one else (and had a hard on to tow for no insurance / out of date tags) and he was good with verbal de-escalation. I never saw him shoot, so maybe he was an alright shot even tho he wasn't a shooter.

BBL

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Feb 8, 2021
TX

Interesting. Seems to be zero new facts, just excuses of "reloaded ammunition" making it sound like it should look like blanks.
That is one thing I do not understand. When you load a revolver with blanks, you can SEE and FEEL that they are blanks. It does not matter where the blanks came from. It does not matter where the live rounds came from. What matters is that someone loaded the wrong rounds and failed to check the drum and the rest is already known.

bbbass

Baffler of the Brilliant
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 2, 2020
NE Orygun
Reading that Variety article, the whole thing sounds even more like a total cock-up. And makes it seem common practice.

Top Bottom