• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    And a surgeon watches each tool come out of the sterilizer and into a pack and tracks it to the OR?

Do we check the calibration and setting of the lig nut torque when you get a new tire installed?

Do we verify each factory round we shoot was loaded with the correct type and amoint of powder so a kaboom won't hurt the joker next to us at the range?

Alec, just like the rest of us trust others to do their job. Was Alec doing something extra stupid or what's the known story now?

"The four rules" are guidelines, not inerrant, inspired scripture.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

I check my lug nuts, yes. Too many tire shops either crank it down till the impact won't move (could crack the studs) or they don't tighten beyond finger tight. Either way can lead to big problems.

Putting trust into others doing their job is great in a lot of situations - but when it comes to firearms handling - since its so easy to hurt or kill someone with rather immediate results - the responsibility falls on the person holding the gun.

If you walk into a gun shop, ask to see a pistol in the case - they just pull it out and hand it over without making safe and showing clear - and that gun happened to have a chambered live round and you "dry fire" it and send the round into the clerk, another customer, or some rando - are you absolved of your responsibility because they failed to do theirs? I'd say no, because *you* didn't check the gun yourself. I don't know about others here, but I have had gun shop clerks try to hand me a gun without showing that it was clear and safe.

This wasn't the first movie Baldwin ever held a gun in. I'll bet he's even gone to gun ranges and shot before. He *should* know better, and he should know what a blank round looks like vs a real round, and at least *ask* the property guy "hey, I thought we're doing blanks, this looks real"

You hafta ask why, even, would they have dummy rounds made with real primers. Why not make them with a solid slug instead so there's even less chance a "dummy" isn't a dummy.
    Capitol Armory ad

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    0A9DE0B2-1395-4C24-BC04-4CA387B4440A.jpeg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    First off, prop guns can be real guns and often are. Some may be modified to firing only blanks, but in scenes like reloading they will use dummy rounds in a real gun. There are strict rules that actual ammunition isn't allowed on a movie set. A bullet came loose from a dummy round and was lodged in the barrel in the case of Brandon Lee. When they later used blanks in that gun, the force from the blank was enough to fire the bullet and fatally wound Brandon. As a result, a movie's weapons master is supposed to inspect any firearms before bringing them on scene and then inspect them again in front of the cast and crew. The actor handling the firearm is also supposed to inspect it before the weapons master loads them with blanks. If the actor isn't familiar with a firearm, the weapons master is supposed to take them aside familiarize them with the firearm.

I don't know the exact situation with the crew in this movie, but several protocols must have been crossed. There have been several movie weapons masters that have chimed in on this case, and they all say much the same thing.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    As I said in an earlier comment, nothing will come of this. Just read to comments from one of the latest press releases

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I might be mistaken but I believe the Armorer was absent from the set (which was in rehearsal).

I base this on a statement from the Prop master/ Armorer union that no U44 members were present at the time of the shooting.
    That union was canera operators.

It was confirmed the armorer was present and took the gun from AB right after the shooting by NYT.

Top Bottom