• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Notice this didn't happen on the set of a Keanu Reeves movie? And he's even Canadian!

But that video also shows some horrible tactics (such as a "SEAL" [Chris Pratt?] sweeping the "SEAL" in front of him), and the extensive and close-up use of firearms in movies; but it also highlights actors who make an effort to know how to properly handle the weapon they are using in a film (sure, mainly to be as authentic as possible but it also included safe use of the firearm!).

By the way, Atomic Blonde is an excellent movie!!
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t disagree with what you’re saying, but has it been established the hiring/oversight was his responsibility?

The list of producers appears to inlcude:

Alec Baldwin
    Matt DelPiano
    Ryan Donnell Smith
    Anjul Nigam
    Ryan Winterstern
    Nathan Klingher

I wasn’t aware of that. Definitely complicates things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There’s a difference between a producer, and an executive producer.

Executive producers are Generals, they fund the production. They don’t really meddle with the day-to-day decisions on set. But they are ultimately responsible for all things, including hiring/firing of scabs to replace union workers who walked-off due to unsafe conditions.

Producers are lieutenants who execute the General’s plan on a day-to-day basis.

I believe Baldwin has more liability as the EP, versus as the actor who pulled the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hey! Show your support!!

1635274175875.png

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Veteran prop master turned job down. Hew wanted 5 staff including dedicated weapon handler, they told him 2 staff at most and weapon handler can do other jobs. He turned job down, reed was hired as asst propmaster, not dedicated weapon handler.

Chuckles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    Fort Worth
    Veteran prop master turned job down. Hew wanted 5 staff including dedicated weapon handler, they told him 2 staff at most and weapon handler can do other jobs. He turned job down, reed was hired as asst propmaster, not dedicated weapon handler.

You know what’s sad about this? That guy feels more remorse about this than Baldwin.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Best safety measure check the gun.
    Amen.
    Yes, actors are paid to act and not to have any real-life skills. (not judging, merely stating a fact)
    But you would think that a smart and safe actor would take 15 seconds to be shown how to load a revolver and demand to load the "blanks" himself. Not that hard. Not rocket science. And "if we can save at least one life" ...

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    A quick scan of Baldwin’s filmography reveals that he has starred in at least 10 films that involved significant firearms usage. You can bet he has had multiple safe gun handling training sessions in these other productions and yet he chose to ignore them and, as the EP, he cut gun safety corners purposefully by understaffing the firearms crew

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    So I saw a snip of an interview he did, when asked about his skills - he lauded his varied skills to be versatile as an actor, and said he was very experienced with gunplay, horse riding, driving, and various other tasks. A man claiming to be skilled at "gunplay" should be held to the standards he wants for us, because if he's that damn experienced with guns then he should know how to check a firearm, and not rely on what someone else told him.

Will Smith isn't the biggest gun guy out there, but he knows safe gun handling, and there's a candid camera video out there showing just that - dude flags him with a pistol, he slaps the muzzle away, takes the gun, clears it, and hands it back to the guy.

Does he need to be Keanu Reeves? No, but any actor touching a gun could take an hour course before any filming starts to go over basic safe gun handling, and how to check the damn guns they'll be using.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Will Smith isn't the biggest gun guy out there, but he knows safe gun handling, and there's a candid camera video out there showing just that - dude flags him with a pistol, he slaps the muzzle away, takes the gun, clears it, and hands it back to the guy.
    It doesn't alter the point you're making but that video was a hybrid of some candid video and some added-in stuff that was then turned into a promo vid for the movie he was doing. Most people have only seen the finished, edited clip that Smith tweeted out. However, it's a good idea to remember that even stuff that appears to be organically shot can't be trusted; everything is a psy-op these days.

A basic analysis for the curious:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    It doesn't alter the point you're making but that video was a hybrid of some candid video and some added-in stuff that was then turned into a promo vid for the movie he was doing. Most people have only seen the finished, edited clip that Smith tweeted out. However, it's a good idea to remember that even stuff that appears to be organically shot can't be trusted; everything is a psy-op these days.

A basic analysis for the curious:

Propaganda everywhere, 24/7. Ya'll ever miss the 1980's and 90's when it was far easier to not be fed a constant diet of it?

BillM

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    TX
    I wasn't there but I don't think Baldwin meant to shoot them. I think it was hollywood dumbassery and refusing to practice safe handling.

Top Bottom