• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArmyDub

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2020
    Texas
    Like Glock refusing to put Sig's name on their guns, calling their .357 Sig ".357 Auto" in the rollmarks and in literature about the gun. I think they just refer to .40SW as ".40" on the chambers.
    image.jpeg

Maybe on nEwer ones?
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• image.png
      image.png
      303.8 KB · Views: 87

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Some new info. Normally I wouldn’t post something from Variety, but this has an affidavit embedded that seems to corroborate some information that’s reported.

Lots of gossip/theory promulgation otherwise.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Some new info. Normally I wouldn’t post something from Variety, but this has an affidavit embedded that seems to corroborate some information that’s reported.

Interesting.

There are going to be several people each doing their part in the chain leading up to this killing. No one will be held accountable except thru civil litigation.

Small shit adds up

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Quoted for Truth.

Most law enforcement rarely touched a gun till the academy and many continue that practice after and thru their careers.

Yeah. I knew a deputy back in OR that was like that. I was on a ride along with him once, and we were discussing firearms and training. At the time, this agency didn't issue guns. They had an approved list deputies had to pick from and buy their own. He carried a Sig 220, I asked what made him go with that vs the more popular Glocks (IIRC, they allowed only Glock, Sig, or HK at that point, no Berettas, no Smiths, and no Rugers - except those who elected to carry a revolver could only carry a Smith or a Ruger) - he said that's what the guy at the gun shop recommended to him.

He wasn't a shooter, didn't particularly like guns, and said that he would happily do the job without the gun if he could, and only carried because it was department policy. Dude didn't shoot recreationally or anything.

Same gent, in another conversation, said he went to work for our local SO because he failed the typing test for a neighboring county, where he actually wanted to work more. Dude wasn't the most computer savvy, and the other county had a minimum typing standard (I think it was 35wpm when I applied, it was pretty damn low) whereas the county I lived in had no such requirement. Dude was a hunt & peck typist.

He was pretty good at the other aspects of his job, I do want to give him credit there. His personal interaction skills with contacts was solid, he knew the traffic code in and out, could spot out of date tags like no one else (and had a hard on to tow for no insurance / out of date tags) and he was good with verbal de-escalation. I never saw him shoot, so maybe he was an alright shot even tho he wasn't a shooter.

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX

Interesting. Seems to be zero new facts, just excuses of "reloaded ammunition" making it sound like it should look like blanks.
    That is one thing I do not understand. When you load a revolver with blanks, you can SEE and FEEL that they are blanks. It does not matter where the blanks came from. It does not matter where the live rounds came from. What matters is that someone loaded the wrong rounds and failed to check the drum and the rest is already known.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    Reading that Variety article, the whole thing sounds even more like a total cock-up. And makes it seem common practice.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    He was pretty good at the other aspects of his job,
    A cop like you describe is far preferable to one who shoots great but falls down on other aspects of his work. In particular...
    he was good with verbal de-escalation
    ...is something upon which I place great emphasis when judging the competence of LEOs, for almost any definition of "LEO". I've seen too many counter-examples when there should be next to none.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    excuses of "reloaded ammunition"
    I thought movie-makers had sufficient money to actually buy 5-in-1 blanks. Or do they no longer make those?

This has puzzled me ever since the news first broke. There have been multiple allusions to reloaded ammo/blanks. Now, for modern rifle rounds in semi-auto guns, I can understand that. When working with muzzle restrictors, for example, reloaded ammunition that properly functions in the firearm and still produces a prominent (thus, filmable) muzzle flash means that reloading is usually required. But the history of blanks in the single action revolvers and lever-action rifles used on the sets of Westerns is long and, I thought, standardized. You use 5-in-1s and those are almost impossible to mix up with real ammo if you're paying any attention at all.

I'll let the previous paragraph remain while I go off and do some research.

Later - Yep, a quick search shows that 5-in-1 blanks are still readily available.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    So, Baldwin give an interview and “insists” he did not pull the trigger. His attorneys are trying to line him up with the media’s consistent harping that the “deadly gun” somehow “went off”.

Everyone with half a brain knows that a SA revolver does not “go off” unless it is an older model that is dropped just right where the hammer is struck and the firing pin forced into the primer. The gun in question absolutely needed to have the hammer thumbed back to full cock and them have the trigger pulled in order to fire. Even the 24 year old twit armorer has testified to that in her interviews along with stating that there was zero reason for Baldwin to cock the hammer in the rehearsal scene tgat led to the shooting.

No one wants to print the facts; the media will continue to use rumors, comments and mis leading statements to avoid the reality of Baldwin’s negligence that led to this homicide. He will be drawn and quartered in any civil suit that ever makes it to a jury; it temains to be seen if enough money can be broght to bear to protect him. As far as criminal charges, I am doubtful since they have dragged out the investigation so long it is obvious they are waiting for public interest to wane

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

What a lyin' piece of shit.

And I'm not going to buy the old "he is in shock and denial" crap either.

He is in full damage control mode, trying to get the leftist media to side with him with the tears, the acting in front of a camera, etc. He knows he cocked the hammer back four clicks and pulled the trigger. What a pathetic excuse for a human.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    So, Baldwin give an interview and “insists” he did not pull the trigger. His attorneys are trying to line him up with the media’s consistent harping that the “deadly gun” somehow “went off”.

Everyone with half a brain knows that a SA revolver does not “go off” unless it is an older model that is dropped just right where the hammer is struck and the firing pin forced into the primer. The gun in question absolutely needed to have the hammer thumbed back to full cock and them have the trigger pulled in order to fire. Even the 24 year old twit armorer has testified to that in her interviews along with stating that there was zero reason for Baldwin to cock the hammer in the rehearsal scene tgat led to the shooting.

No one wants to print the facts; the media will continue to use rumors, comments and mis leading statements to avoid the reality of Baldwin’s negligence that led to this homicide. He will be drawn and quartered in any civil suit that ever makes it to a jury; it temains to be seen if enough money can be broght to bear to protect him. As far as criminal charges, I am doubtful since they have dragged out the investigation so long it is obvious they are waiting for public interest to wane
    I saw part of the "interview".
    Saddest part was Steffy smiling and nodding when Baldwin looks right at him and says "I didn't pull the trigger."

George had his shot at being an actual journalist back when Obama spoke of his "Muslim faith". Instead of asking for more, he corrected the commie. Loser.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/b...-shooting-but-not-me/ar-AARogzx?ocid=msedgntp

Didn't watch the interview, but the shitbag is taking zero responsibility for the killing.

"Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can’t say who that is, but it’s not me"

And of course taking this route:

“I want to make sure that I don’t come across like I'm the victim because we have two victims here.”

He also stated he was instructed to pull back the hammer and “I let go of the hammer and ‘bang’ the gun goes off”

There are two ways his Pietta single action can fire- one is to cock the hammer back 4 clicks and pull the trigger, or to squeeze the trigger, pull the hammer back and let go. Either way, he needed to activate the trigger.

Keep on talking coward.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Great video by actor John Schneider lambasting Baldwin and a little bit into Stephanopoulos. And I love this quote from him:

"Three weeks ago, it was a prop gun. Four weeks ago, nobody knew how in the world this real weapon was loaded on the set and today, he didn't pull the trigger. What kind of idiots do you take us for?"

Top Bottom