• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I don't have any single action revolvers so I ask this as a question, is it possible for a SA without a hammer block, to pull the hammer back far enough and release it and fire a round without pulling the trigger? If the gun can go off by dropping with the hammer stationed over a round can it go off with a half cock? Is it possible for a fully cocked SA to go off without pulling the trigger if wildly swinging it as if one practiced a super fast cross draw? As I said, I have no experience with SA revolvers although I have many DA revolvers, some without hammer blocks. I think this is where AB is going although he can never escape the live round.
    ARJ Defense ad

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    ... is it possible for a SA without a hammer block, to pull the hammer back far enough and release it and fire a round without pulling the trigger?

I have a small collection of single action revolvers without the hammer blocks, including a 3rd Gen Colt SAA, a Standard Mfg single action, and a Pietta Frontier. All three have the old 4 click hammer system. I cannot fire the gun in the first three clicks, but in the 4th click, I have to pull the trigger to release the hammer. I can also squeeze the trigger and pull back the hammer and release, the old "fanning" the gun cowboy trick. But to fire the gun, the trigger HAS to be pulled.
    Is it possible for a fully cocked SA to go off without pulling the trigger if wildly swinging it as if one practiced a super fast cross draw?

No, I can't see how. To me, the same hypothetical can be asked of a Glock 19 being swung around wildly.
    I can see only one way a SA revolver can be fired without pulling the trigger is if the old style single action (no hammer block) is loaded for 6 rounds, the hammer in the down position, and something hitting the hammer, since the firing pin is connected to the hammer. Hickok45 demonstrates.

And no, I don't see this the reason Baldwin's gun fired. His finger pulled the trigger, he is just lying to get ahead of the court dates coming his way.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2014
    Straight from the playbook...

1. Deny, deny, deny
    2. Counter-accuse
    3. Demand an apology

4. “Facts” are actually misinformation/conspiracy theories perpetuated by the alt right
    5. Anyone who disagrees with you is racist
    6. The fault is with climate change

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I am not going to post a link to CNN but they just ran a video piece of an honest to goodness firearms expert who carefully dismantled everything that Baldwin claimed. I have not viewed it myself since I hate anything CNN but it looks like they decided to recover a few of the millions of lost viewers by telling the truth that the rest of the MSM are ignoring.

Ok, I will post the link but I still have not looked at it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Looks like Alec deleted his main Twitter account.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/alec...egal-experts-call-his-abc-interview-a-mistake

I guess his TV "interview" didn't go as planned.

NM prosecutor Mary Carmack-Altwies said in a statement that she had not made any decision yet on charges but that everyone involved "in the handling and use of firearms on the set had a duty to behave in a manner such that the safety of others was protected."

Yeah, you could say the interview probably went over as well as a turd in a punchbowl.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    I suspect he has given it to Hillary for "safekeeping".

Actually, once law enforcement gets a hold of a suspect's cell phone, their forensics team can extract basically every photo, text, contact, email, etc. that has been deleted. https://privacyinternational.org/ne...pes-data-can-law-enforcement-extract-my-phone And of course, the service provider has records of all phone calls made, and GPS positioning. A smartphone is a treasure of personal information, and I'm sure he was careless with his phone after the shooting.

If Baldwin decides to destroy his cell phone, I would imagine the blowback would be insane.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Actually, once law enforcement gets a hold of a suspect's cell phone, their forensics team can extract basically every photo, text, contact, email, etc. that has been deleted. https://privacyinternational.org/ne...pes-data-can-law-enforcement-extract-my-phone And of course, the service provider has records of all phone calls made, and GPS positioning. A smartphone is a treasure of personal information, and I'm sure he was careless with his phone after the shooting.

If Baldwin decides to destroy his cell phone, I would imagine the blowback would be insane.
    Sure it's already seen a wood chipper and vat of acid.

That said he cant destroy every phone he texted with and those records are not hard to get.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    NM prosecutor Mary Carmack-Altwies said in a statement that she had not made any decision yet on charges but that everyone involved "in the handling and use of firearms on the set had a duty to behave in a manner such that the safety of others was protected."

Yeah, you could say the interview probably went over as well as a turd in a punchbowl.
    People never can shut up.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    1640117037818.png

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    who support Alec Baldwin!

Before the thread police label this as a dupe to the mega Baldwin shooting thread, I thought you should all grab your kleenex and dab your eyes as you read the idiot's Christmas message to his "supporters".

Top Bottom