• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went to an event with my spouse in the 700 Block area of Rancier in Killeen. That is a crazy dangerous area of Killeen. We got out at about 9:00-9:30 PM.

Lots of strange folks around there at night.

One guy with a backpack with machete strapped to it wanted to “ make contact “ so to speak.

I told my naive Filipino spouse to Go Go damn it. She as usual was slow and obstinate.

She is from a rough neighborhood in Mindanao and despite my explanation felt that she could manage things.

Next time one of my EDC pieces will be with me. Killeen is a rough town but even more so around Rancier.

LESSON LEARNED!
    <>

I, too learned the hard way.

”EDC” is EVERY DAY CARRY !

leVieux
    Target Sports

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I went to an event with my spouse in the 700 Block area of Rancier in Killeen. That is a crazy dangerous area of Killeen. We got out at about 9:00-9:30 PM.

One guy with a backpack with machete strapped to it wanted to “ make contact “ so to speak.

I told my naive Filipino spouse to Go Go damn it. She as usual was slow and obstinate.

She is from a rough neighborhood in Mindanao and despite my explanation felt that she could manage things.

Next time one of my EDC pieces will be with me. Killeen is a rough town but even more so around Rancier.

LESSON LEARNED!
    I never leave home without my gat.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I didn't look to see where Killeen sits in the stats but here is what came back from a quick check of the Google.
    Several surprise me. If out the driveway, I carry.
    I at least carry a snake charmer when in the yard.

Top 10 safest places to live in Texas

1. Horizon City
    2. Fulshear
    3. Colleyville
    4. Memorial Villages
    5. Fairview
    6. Elgin
    7. McKinney
    8. Frisco
    9. Sugar Land
    10. Pearland

The ten most dangerous cities in Texas are:
    1. Bellmead
    2. Humble
    3. Lubbock
    4. Bastrop
    5. Palmview
    6. Livingston
    7. Houston
    8. Alamo
    9. Amarillo
    10. Beaumont
    LOL.... I grew up in one of the "most dangerous" cities, Lubbock, and now live in the immediate vicinity of three of the "safest" cities... I'm about 2 minutes from Fairview.... of course there's only about 150 people that live there.....
    I still carry every time I go out.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

LESSON LEARNED!
    So, you're not worried about the meth-heads from small towns or the country, just the big city dirtbags?:rolleyes:
    <>

We all have endured different “life experiences”, which contribute to our attitudes.

Your inappropriate comment here is an accusation based solely on your misperception of thoughts which “Tuna” did NOT express.

leVieux

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    <>

We all have endured different “life experiences”, which contribute to our attitudes.

Your inappropriate comment here is an accusation based solely on your misperception of thoughts which “Tuna” did NOT express.

leVieux
    I asked a question, kind of tongue in cheek (see the emoji rolling its eyes). It is as plain as day that my words were just that. I did not make an inappropriate statement. The person who made a statement, that was based upon his own imagination and not based upon my words that he quoted was you and you alone. How you see an accusation in my post is absolutely befuddling but then again you say I also had a misperception of thoughts! Wow you can be unreal in the stuff your mined makes up. That seems to be a recurrent bad habit of yours, putting your own meanings into other people's posts that meant nothing the way you said they did! So, sod off.

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Try 2 versus 350. That will get you're attention. Not so much as a can of pepper spray on you. Just handcuffs for pseudo brass nuckles if needed.

Pucker factor off the chart.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    <>

Well, your comment introduced an entirely new & different issue, which was not undr discussion; and it did so in an accusatory tone.

But, I’m not your censor, not even a “mod” here. Just another Guy with a keyboard & an opinion.

leVieux

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    <>

Well, your comment introduced an entirely new & different issue, which was not undr discussion; and it did so in an accusatory tone.

But, I’m not your censor, not even a “mod” here. Just another Guy with a keyboard & an opinion.

leVieux
    It would be nice if you would quote who you're responding to so the right person can say WTF are you talking about. Since it was right after me ill say WTF are you talking about. I was talking about being unarmed in a sporty situation and didn't accuse anyone of anything.

We all can guess the train wreck of a mod you would be. We've seen the hall monitor teachers pet type mods who destroy a site by micro managing every comment in every thread.

Hopefully the rest home will limit your internet privileges soon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom