• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    I went to an event with my spouse in the 700 Block area of Rancier in Killeen. That is a crazy dangerous area of Killeen. We got out at about 9:00-9:30 PM.

Lots of strange folks around there at night.

One guy with a backpack with machete strapped to it wanted to “ make contact “ so to speak.

I told my naive Filipino spouse to Go Go damn it. She as usual was slow and obstinate.

She is from a rough neighborhood in Mindanao and despite my explanation felt that she could manage things.

Next time one of my EDC pieces will be with me. Killeen is a rough town but even more so around Rancier.

LESSON LEARNED!
    Target Sports

platoon2063

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    waco
    Unfortunately, Killeen is well known for its crime rate. My wife was offered a high paying nurse position in Harker Heights (neighbor to Killeen) a few years ago. I talked her out of it. Risking your life working in a crime ridden sh**hole is not worth the money.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Killeen is bad but it's getting bad everywhere. Here in Temple I see a lot more of it in the past couple of years. It's all the transplants from bigger cities bringing their habits with them.

But I always carry. I'm about to go pick up a pizza and I'll be damned one of those lot lizards gonna eat my shit.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Killeen is bad but it's getting bad everywhere. Here in Temple I see a lot more of it in the past couple of years. It's all the transplants from bigger cities bringing their habits with them.

But I always carry. I'm about to go pick up a pizza and I'll be damned one of those lot lizards gonna eat my shit.
    So, you're not worried about the meth-heads from small towns or the country, just the big city dirtbags?:rolleyes:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I rarely do not carry, usually only such as when I go for an MRI or too a forbidden zone so to speak. I carry almost all the time - to walk the dog, to take out out the trash, to go outside to my car a few feet from my apartment to get something I forgot in it. I was never a Boy Scout but always have liked their motto - Be Prepared!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If you ever carry a gun with any blued steel in it into the room when you have an MRI, you will probably change your mind.
    There are exceptions, of course.

However, I'm not getting multiple MRI's done to justify not being armed as often as possible

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    c4a3937c0b4c5f2a0f6a83292b83746f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I went to an event with my spouse in the 700 Block area of Rancier in Killeen. That is a crazy dangerous area of Killeen. We got out at about 9:00-9:30 PM.

Lots of strange folks around there at night.

One guy with a backpack with machete strapped to it wanted to “ make contact “ so to speak.

I told my naive Filipino spouse to Go Go damn it. She as usual was slow and obstinate.

She is from a rough neighborhood in Mindanao and despite my explanation felt that she could manage things.

Next time one of my EDC pieces will be with me. Killeen is a rough town but even more so around Rancier.

LESSON LEARNED!
    I have lived in the Killeen area the majority of the time since 1972. And it has gotten much worse over the years.
    I don't go to that side of town anywhere after dark unless I am armed. With extra mags.
    The only place I don't carry is on Ft Hood. They like their random vehicle searches too much. And sometimes they will use dogs for weapons and drugs. Not worth the risk.
    North of business 190 has always been bad after dark. Worse than even Marlboro Heights area. There is an area around 195 and Elm rd too now that is not good especially after dark.
    Most people don't have a clue how much crime there is in the Killeen area.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom