• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I have lived in the Killeen area the majority of the time since 1972. And it has gotten much worse over the years.
    I don't go to that side of town anywhere after dark unless I am armed. With extra mags.
    The only place I don't carry is on Ft Hood. They like their random vehicle searches too much. And sometimes they will use dogs for weapons and drugs. Not worth the risk.
    North of business 190 has always been bad after dark. Worse than even Marlboro Heights area. There is an area around 195 and Elm rd too now that is not good especially after dark.
    Most people don't have a clue how much crime there is in the Killeen area.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Despite my MOS and ASI, I was never stationed at Fort Hood while having friends (same MOS and ASI) that went there two to four times. I have driven across north Fort on TX 36 and even driven outside the fort to a couple of surplus stores but that was close enough for me.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    This place is normal to me.
    Born an Army Brat, all I have ever known is Army bases or towns. And never was much wanted by or fit in with a lot of civilians. I can't even remember a "good" civilian friend until I was in my 20s. And at my age and health, I'll die here. I'm good with that.
    But I hold no illusions. It's gone downhill the last 30 years. Even some of the ladies at the dog park have been talking about getting armed.
    But to be honest, it ain't just here. It's everywhere. The next 10 years is going to be interesting. And probably pretty sporty. If not sooner. Just a question of how and how bad.
    Keep your powder dry folks. I'm thinking we'll need it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Despite my MOS and ASI, I was never stationed at Fort Hood while having friends (same MOS and ASI) that went there two to four times. I have driven across north Fort on TX 36 and even driven outside the fort to a couple of surplus stores but that was close enough for me.
    I was assigned to Fort Hood when leaving Vietnam but got the assignment changed to Okinawa. As a Reservist I spent several weeks there.

cav21082108

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2022
    Killeen, TX
    military bases always seem to do a good job at rotting the surrounding areas. Look at jacksonville or fayetteville, NC
    Thanks for the slander. There will always be an unsavory element around any military installation, looking to relieve the soldiers of their monthly pay checks. Don't blame the soldiers for what the local CIVILIANS are doing. Whores, pimps, drug dealers, scam artists, and street thugs preying on soldiers.

Brojon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the slander. There will always be an unsavory element around any military installation, looking to relieve the soldiers of their monthly pay checks. Don't blame the soldiers for what the local CIVILIANS are doing. Whores, pimps, drug dealers, scam artists, and street thugs preying on soldiers.
    He didn't blame the soldiers - he blamed the fact that crime seems to be attracted to bases and it is unfortunately true.

Top Bottom