• dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I must have gone into my attic at least 10 time during the storm, putting containers out, to catch the water that was leaking into my cieling. The
    roof shingles on the north side of my house got peeled off and it didn't take long for the rain to start leaking into the cieling. I live just west of
    I45 south and Beltway-8. When the eye was monving up I45, it must have wobbled a little towards us, because I noticed my turbin fans on the roof
    stopped turning. I quickly ran outside to look at my roof and saw about
    70% of the shinles missing. In the end besides, the roof damage the only other problems were two downed fences. It was a busy night for my wife and I, but at least noone got hurt.

One good thing did come out of this damn storm. My front door nieghbors and I have been getting along like old friends, helping each other out with removing trash and drinking a lot of beer in the evenings. LOL.

We got power back on Monday night and internet last night.
    Guns International

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    Ike was a Son of a Bitch!

It just saddens me to see what it did to the Gulf Coast area. I'm glad people got the hell out of dodge when they did or it could have been much worse.

I'm over in west Texas but we have a ranch NE of Dallas that got a butt load of rain but that was it. So we haven't had to deal with anything close to you guys.

I wish you all the best

longtooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Lufkin, Texas
    Angelina County is 125 miles inland

This is a praise report for the Lord giving us watch care in our household & Mom's.
    The general look of Angelina County.
    Just down the road from us.
    000_0011-4.gif

600yds from Mom's house.
    Note the squirrel at the base of the standing tree. His world was changed too but not near the extent of ours.
    000_0015-2.gif

000_0016-3.gif

There are 2 vehicles under this tree
    000_0018-2.gif

000_0017-3.gif

Now the praise report. Here is our front yard. Note our neighbor had a tree on his house. There were VERY FEW places w/ less clean up than we will have at our places. There is nothing down on ours or Mom's that the ladies cannot carry to the fire easily. Most of it will rake.
    000_0010-4.gif

Mom's house & yard.
    000_0013-3.gif

drj3828

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Grimes County, TX
    I am in Grimes county north west of Houston, I lost a bunch ofd shingles and one of my roof turbine vents. That was about all that happen to my house, had a few trees loose limbs. The power flickered early Saturday morning but never went out.
    I took all of my generators down to some freinds house that lost power till Thrusday, we did get six inches of rain that filled my new stock tank that I dug.
    DRJ

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Got friend that owns Pasedena Glass Co. He came out OK, his barn is messed up, and he is very busy right now. Some people had to leave their guns, I hope the looters or FEMA doesn't get them. They ought to give the restoration work to locals instead of shipping outsiders in. I'd be going nuts if I had a gun safe there.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    We only got our power on yesterday, it's been like an 11 day camping trip living out of ice chests and cooking over a liquid fuel stove.

Still no AC though because the wind knocked over the only tree that I didn't worry about and when the 40"+ base uprooted it knocked over the AC unit and destroyed the AC slab. Tree almost went through the roof over my neighbor's bedroom, but the SUV in his driveway caught it. That truck has a bit less headroom now and a partial sunroof.

Lost part of our fence, at least 25% of our shingles, had some brick separate from the wall that took the brunt of that wicked NW wind and found about 80 dead birds in our yard. Swimming pool is full of tree debris and now looks like the green slime pond.

We had plenty of food, water and wine (although my wine fridge had no power and some of these 14-15% wines just weren't meant to be consumed at 80 deg F), so I just look at all of this as a minor inconvenience. No power but plenty of juice. No one was hurt, so what basis do I have to complain, especially when I see what others experienced.

The constable has been patrolling very heavily here at night, so I've felt safe in my house, but that hasn't kept me from having a pistol or shotgun handy.

Look for a spike in the birth rate along the upper Texas Gulf Coast May/June 2009.

Attachments

• IMGP0813a.jpg
      IMGP0813a.jpg
      52.1 KB · Views: 131

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My neighbors, by the Taylor lake got 3' of water in their house! We stayed lucky and the house dry! Well, our ac was submerged. I'll re-size some pics to post.

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    Hi All,
    My wife and I just got back from a 10 day excursion to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Parks. This heat and humidity is stifling after the dry air and 28-65 degree temperatures in the parks. We left six people sleeping in our house which had power and AC. They all got power back in their homes while we were gone but the four houses next to us are still without power. I think the transformer which supplies them is kaput. The next door neighbors still have a large/long power cord running from the back of our house into their house. Still a few trees down also.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom