• TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    What info can you get from that?

If he takes enough plates that add up t an unusual amount of different ones that tells you these aren't all "friends". The PublicData part will tell you names, addresses, and in some cases CONVICTIONS of the plate holder.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    We are renting a small apartment just trying to save as much as possible to put a down payment on a place. This is still going to be a few years off as we are young and do not come from wealthy families so we do the best we can.
    Orbie brought up another very real possibility. Sheet rock walls will not slow down bullets if that were to occur. I know it is on us to get out. We want to get out of this town badly. Just going to be awhile before that is even in the cards. If all else fails hopefully we can get into a vacant apartment in the same complex.

TBlood

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Pearland
    I hope the best for y'all!! And keep your toys in a good safe!! I've got a rent house in Baytown.... I know that's a long way, but if ever interested pm me.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I live on a rural dead end street with 26 other families. We are all different and there are several races and nationalities represented here. We are all armed, know each other and get along. This place is an armed camp and no one comes or goes without having 100 eyes on them.

I agree completely with the suggestion that you get to know your neighbors and let them get to know you. Sometimes my neighbors and I get to laughing about some hapless criminal breaking into one of our houses and packing gear out to a truck. That stuff doesn't happen here! It could be very unhealthy for them!

Flash

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    We are renting a small apartment just trying to save as much as possible to put a down payment on a place. This is still going to be a few years off as we are young and do not come from wealthy families so we do the best we can.
    Orbie brought up another very real possibility. Sheet rock walls will not slow down bullets if that were to occur. I know it is on us to get out. We want to get out of this town badly. Just going to be awhile before that is even in the cards. If all else fails hopefully we can get into a vacant apartment in the same complex.

I would push for this with all had. You have a right to peaceful use of your property, even if you rent. Since you did not pick your neighbors and your landlord did, it is on them to make this situation right. Start off friendly and amicable but you may need a lawyer. You may even be able to find a lawyer, if needed, that will write some letters on your behalf for free or minimal charge if you need to let management know you are serious.

I've never used them, but at a quick glance this might help if you need it.
    Lone Star Legal Aid Home Page

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    Introduce yourself, and tell them about TGT. Let them come read the thread..... :cool:

Make sure you mention the boating accident out on Belton Lake where all the guns you had fell in when it capsized....and someday you are hoping to be a gun owner again....

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    After reading that you rent in an apt complex, I think approaching management about changing to a different apt might be the way to do this. Obviously be professional and courteous making your request and hopefully they will accommodate it. Good luck.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Can you just park in a different spot, or is it assigned? If not then just move to another spot maybe...I still would stop by introduce myself and offer a beer or two. At least you can put a name to a face and get a feel for what kind of folks they are. I always like to know who is around me, even when I lived in an apartment

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    I went through this a number of years ago. I purchased a home not knowing the across the street neighbors were drug dealers. People pulling up to the house, neighbor walks out and sits in the car with them for 2-5 minutes then gets out and the car leaves.

When I attempted to give video footage of at least 50 drug deals to the local P.D. they said they did not need it. I talked to a former Sherifs deputy from the same county and he told me to drop it. Said the two guys selling were sons of a current deputy and I would suffer if I pushed the issue.

Good luck with your situation.

Top Bottom