• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • retrodog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Houston/Galveston TX
    I went out to Austin a couple of weeks ago and took one for a test ride. It's all electric. It was very quiet and smooth. There's no apparent shifting and it fully automatic. Anyway, I realize that electric vehicles might not be the most macho thing, and that gun owners aren't necessarily considered a traditionally energy conservative group... but it was still pretty cool. And I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it wasn't $9k.

tn_07_Vectrix_Electric_Scooter_CutAway.jpg

tn_07_Vectrix_Electric_Scooter_0034.jpg

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2008-vectrix-electric-scooter-66674.html
    DK Firearms

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Max Speed:

62 mph / 100 km/hAcceleration:0-31 mph (50 km/h) in 3.6 seconds 0-50 mph (80 km/h) in 6.8 seconds
    Range:

68 miles (110 km) @ 25 mph (40 km/h)Simulated urban driving - 5 hours
    sarcastic_hand.gif

Braking:

Patented multi-function throttle (DAaRT) provides regenerative braking and slow-speed reverse; Front and rear Brembo disc brakes
    Tires:

Pirelli GTS23 120/70-14 (Front); GTS24 140/60-13 (Rear)
    Fork:

Marzocchi Telescopic Suspension:Sachs Twin Shocks Battery: Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) Rated Battery Capacity: 30 Ah, 3.7 kW-h Rated Battery Voltage: 125V Charger: 1.5kW on-board battery charger Recharge Requirements:110V-220V (50/60Hz) Recharge Time:2 hours (80% charge) Battery Discharge Cycles:1,700 (80% charge) Estimated Battery Life: 10 years or 50,000 miles / 80,000 km Motor Type:Brushless DC, radial air-gap motor Peak Power:20 kW at 3000 rpm Max Current: 275 Amps Max Torque: 65 Nm Gearbox: Integrated rear-wheel mounted planetary gear drive Electronics: DSP & IGBT based all-digital electronic control and motor drive system Instrumentation: LCD display speed, odometer, battery charge,, estimated range, and system status Communications:Controller Area Network (CAN); Bluetooth wireless systems diagnostics and communication Weight: 462 lbs (210 kg) Wheelbase: 60 inches (1525 mm) Seat Height: 30 inches (770 mm) Storage Capacity:Underseat storage for a full-faced helmet; glove compartment Frame: Aluminum Warranty:24 months Emissions: Zero Retail Price: $11,000, not including tax, registration, freight or delivery charges.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Range:

68 miles (110 km) @ 25 mph (40 km/h)Simulated urban driving - 5 hours
    sarcastic_hand.gif

It's supposed to be used for commuting, not cross-country driving. Most commuters - myself included - could get by on that sort of range on a daily basis with plenty of wiggle room for side trips and errands.

retrodog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Houston/Galveston TX
    It's supposed to be used for commuting, not cross-country driving. Most commuters - myself included - could get by on that sort of range on a daily basis with plenty of wiggle room for side trips and errands.

Yeah, and there's also the emergency times when you have electricity and no gasoline. After the Hurricane Rita evactuation (9/23/05), all the gas stations in Houston were empty and most were closed. But the electricity was still on, since we didn't get hit by the actual hurricane. An electric vehicle would be great for making erands and checking up on others in the immediate area.

Oh, and the trunk has room for my MP5.

How fast did it go?

It's got a computer limit of 62 mph. That can be hacked but it's probably a good idea as to keep the batteries from getting premature wear. It accelerates to 60 in just a few seconds. I was pretty impressed with how fast it takes off. I'm 6' and weigh over 200, but it had no trouble at all taking off faster than the surrounding cars.

retrodog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Houston/Galveston TX
    Yeah, do you trade your nutsack in when you buy one of those?
    Nope, I've got a Valkyrie, a GPZ1100, a vette, a WRX, a Full sized Dodge Ram 4x4, an HK auto sear, a bunch of HKs, A 22' off-shore Hydrasport CC w/225 Evinrude, and about 650 acres to play on... so I get to keep the nutsack . You're not the only one with toys. ;)

All you gotta trade in is your Exxon charge card and your addiction to oil.

Hey, they're certainly not for everyone. And a gun board is truly not where you're gonna find a lot of interest in alternate fuel vehicles. :D

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    1181805515019.jpg

I will stick with my gas powered 250cc for now.It goes over 70 mph and gets 85 MPG.I have my other bikes and cars parked for weekend use and this is my commuter during the week.

Top Bottom