• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Well I just got back from taking my final exam and I knew something was wrong as soon as I walked into my house.

My mom is on the phone and she is obviously holding back tears.

My Dad is real serious and says it's my aunt.

She is in the hospital in real bad shape. As far as we know she has pneumonia.

She was just released from the hospital a few days ago because her liver had stopped working and she was anemic.

She was scheduled for a surgery in a couple weeks because she needed to regain her strength first.

I don't know why but I get the feeling that this might be the end. Last time we saw her was less than a month ago when she was visiting.

She surprised me when she asked me to open a joint account with her in order to manage her savings and such. My mom said she doesn't trust her own children.
    sad.gif
    nonod.gif

This is really hard for me and my mom as we have already lost another aunt/sister to cancer a few years ago and also my grandmother about 10 years ago.

I'm gonna go try to be alone for a while and pray.

tear.gif
    Target Sports

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'm sad to hear about your aunt. You may want to be alone, but we'll be thinking of you and praying for your aunt, you, and your family. As guys, we tend to want to withdraw into our cave in times like this. Accept that you can be strong, even when you feel weak. Use the comfort of your family and try to comfort them too.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong, but don't hold it in. We're here to help if you need us.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Allow me to add my prayer for your aunt, family and for you as you take on this responsibility. May you find the strength of God surrounding you. Please keep us informed.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yall take care over there. Last year was a tough one for our family so I definitely understand. It was made worse by us being across the world and I couldn't be near. You're there with your family which is the best place to be no matter what.

Thoughts and prayers

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom