• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • medicmike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2020
    Plano
    Nursing homes became warehouses for old people. The life expectancy of a nursing home patient is two years. Thanks LBJ you slimey sob.+

I my mouth got me in a bit of trouble when I ran a transfer call on the ambulance back in Oregon. This was one of the worst care facilities in the city. I got the report from the nurse as we were heading to the room...."patient is a retired nurse, severe dementia, she has no idea what is going on"....We walked into the room, patient looked and me and said "are you here to take me away". "Yes ma'am I am" "Thank God, these people are idiots, the care here sucks, they have no idea what they are doing". I looked at the nurse and said "she seems pretty with it to me!". I didn't get to the hospital before my pager was going off to call the supervisor....
    ARJ Defense ad

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    He bought the house before they got married. They only got married about 6 months before he died. So it goes to the heirs.

But during court, the judge recognized their two decades of living together as common-law marriage. He wouldn’t exclude the kids as heirs, though.

The mortgage is $2500/month and has been paid. But she’s on a fixed income due to disability. And the insurance money from his death (not a lot) will be gone if she has to make that payment alone. So she was going to rent out all the rooms help make ends meet.
    I made some assumptions and took things at mere face (typed) value and I was wrong, my apologies.

Again, I hope y'all find a great solution for all involved.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    Due to an oversight on Ray's part, Donna wasn't put on title for their house, and Ray's shittbag kids (who he wasn't close with and had barely spoken with) want the equity.

Do you guys see anything that's concerning?

Yeah, lack of competent legal counsel!

Nursing homes became warehouses for old people. The life expectancy of a nursing home patient is two years. Thanks LBJ you slimey sob.+

They are supposed to be end-of-life care, not retirement centers.

Is she in Texas? In Texas, when a spouse dies, the surviving spouse should get a lifetime estate in their home (it's a little complicated depending on community estate, separate estate, homestead, etc).

Given some assumptions, it sounds like if she wants to continue living there, the kids are up a creek until she passes away.

^^^THIS^^^

He bought the house before they got married. They only got married about 6 months before he died. So it goes to the heirs.

But during court, the judge recognized their two decades of living together as common-law marriage. He wouldn’t exclude the kids as heirs, though.

The mortgage is $2500/month and has been paid. But she’s on a fixed income due to disability. And the insurance money from his death (not a lot) will be gone if she has to make that payment alone. So she was going to rent out all the rooms help make ends meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No will, I take it?
    That amount of payment ought to be for a LOT of house - think $400K - can she refinance it?
    Sounds like an all-too-common situation brought about by all-too-common irresponsibility - lack of a will, incorrect/incomplete property deed, etc.

I know of a situation where a woman has been fighting with her late husband's siblings for years because her mother-in-law bought all of her children homes and didn't put the kids on title like she should have and didn't have the homes listed in her will. The mother-in-law died, then the husband died, widow is afraid they'll change the locks on her if she leaves too long!

Eli

dapakattack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    As everyone else has suggested document your expectations.
    Is she expected to help out 8 to 5 Mon - Friday? 24/7 including weekends? Will she be expected to cook and clean? Does she get 2 weeks of vacation? Does her vacation time have to coincide with when your family takes yours?

Maybe check with your insurance agent and see if there is anything that you need to add/change in your policy if you have live in help.

It sounds like you want her to be a part of your son's life. The last thing you want to do is ruin a good relationship because of bad communication.

Good luck.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Welp, for anyone interested, the nanny experiment has ended.

“Irreconcilable differences”

Despite my low expectations, she rarely did any work. And if we asked her to do something, “we’re treating her like a slave” LMAO

And she also didn’t get paid, but she did live in my house for free.

There’s way more to the story, but our lives got a whole lot stress-free once she left.

And now we’ve got a babysitter 3x per week, and my MIL 2x per week.

Stetson LOVES both the babysitter and grandma, so that’s a huge plus. He’s such a joyful, happy baby now that his colic is gone.

We’re extremely fortunate to work from home, so all childcare is at our house and we can monitor everything.

Man, there’s a lot of moving parts when it comes to caring for babies LOL

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Despite my low expectations, she rarely did any work. And if we asked her to do something, “we’re treating her like a slave” LMAO

There’s way more to the story, but our lives got a whole lot stress-free once she left.

Stetson LOVES both the babysitter and grandma, so that’s a huge plus. He’s such a joyful, happy baby now that his colic is gone.

We’re extremely fortunate to work from home, so all childcare is at our house and we can monitor everything.

I applaud you for trying. Folks living in-house that are not immediate family gets weird in a hurry. But that's just my personal reality. My wife and I have a rule- no one will live in our house. If a family member needs care one day, I'd love nothing more to build them a casita or on premise living quarters. But not in the house. Cold maybe, but I just know me and them. It's best for everyone that way. Seen it go South too many times.

Try having 4. Lol

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I applaud you for trying. Folks living in-house that are not immediate family gets weird in a hurry. But that's just my personal reality. My wife and I have a rule- no one will live in our house. If a family member needs care one day, I'd love nothing more to build them a casita or on premise living quarters. But not in the house. Cold maybe, but I just know me and them. It's best for everyone that way. Seen it go South too many times.

Try having 4. Lol

^^^This!^^^

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Sorry it didn't work out. It sounds like you had the best of intentions and tried to do the right by Donna.
    Seriously, you could probably write a very interesting story outlining the entire experience.
    Kind of a modern rendition of, "Hazel", 'cept this one might be called, "Prima-Donna"!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Sorry it didn't work out. It sounds like you had the best of intentions and tried to do the right by Donna.
    Seriously, you could probably write a very interesting story outlining the entire experience.
    Kind of a modern rendition of, "Hazel", 'cept this one might be called, "Prima-Donna"!

Yeah things got weird pretty fast.

Y’all may not believe this, but I can be a real asshole

I figured her out all free a few weeks.
    It took my wife a bit longer…

Once I figured her out, I was done with her and it was “no more mr nice guy”. I’m sure that hastened her exit, but it would have inevitably happened.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yeah things got weird pretty fast.

Y’all may not believe this, but I can be a real asshole

I figured her out all free a few weeks.
    It took my wife a bit longer…

Once I figured her out, I was done with her and it was “no more mr nice guy”. I’m sure that hastened her exit, but it would have inevitably happened.

Im guessing she just picked up her shit and left without incident?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Im guessing she just picked up her shit and left without incident?

I wish it was that easy LOL

Wife and I had already discussed the “not meeting expectations” part. And we were thinking of how we wanted to approach things.

Before we got a chance, the nanny let us know that she found a house to rent and was moving out.

We were relieved that she left on her own accord, so we didn’t have to give her the boot.

But she totally slow-played the move out.

She was supposed to be gone on a particular Friday, which was perfect for us because we had guests (wife’s sister and niece) coming to stay for a week beginning on Saturday. And another guest for three weeks after the sister leaves.

Well, the week preceding her move out, she didn’t pack shit, and spent her time sunbathing in our backyard.

As the move out Friday was drawing near, my wife asked her WTF why aren’t you packing?

The nanny said “oh I was just gonna wait and pack when your sister gets here”. So my wife read her the riot act, because this plan makes absolutely no sense.

Who waits until the day after their planned move-out date to pack???

We told her to get everything you can but you need to be gone by Friday EOD. And you can come get the rest of your crap when guest #2 leaves.

Cut to today, guest #2 is gone, and nanny is coming tomorrow to get her things. But not everything, just some things she wants…and now it’s my responsibility to dispose of a half-garage-full of crap that she doesn’t want to take.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Wife and I had already discussed the “not meeting expectations” part. And we were thinking of how we wanted to approach things.

Before we got a chance, the nanny let us know that she found a house to rent and was moving out.

We were relieved that she left on her own accord, so we didn’t have to give her the boot.

She was supposed to be gone on a particular Friday, which was perfect for us because we had guests (wife’s sister and niece) coming to stay for a week beginning on Saturday. And another guest for three weeks after the sister leaves.

Well, the week preceding her move out, she didn’t pack shit, and spent her time sunbathing in our backyard.

As the move out Friday was drawing near, my wife asked her WTF why aren’t you packing?

The nanny said “oh I was just gonna wait and pack when your sister gets here”. So my wife read her the riot act, because this plan makes absolutely no sense.

We told her to get everything you can but you need to be gone by Friday EOD. And you can come get the rest of your crap when guest #2 leaves.

Cut to today, guest #2 is gone, and nanny is coming tomorrow to get her things. But not everything, just some things she wants…and now it’s my responsibility to dispose of a half-garage-full of crap that she doesn’t want to take.

She sounds like a real piece of trash

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

Find where she moved to....dump crap in front of her place....set on fire....

....worked for Angela Bassett.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You tried, that's all you can do. From what I understand, friends and even family don't always make the best employees. The relationship dynamic changes and usually one side or the other cant handle it properly. It sounds like she wanted to be a roommate, not a nanny.

I hope it didn't mess up the relationship too bad.

Top Bottom