• Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Hell, they won't give me one of them!!

But I do get to board airplanes first, which is actually a benefit for everyone else. If you ever see a one armed guy about to attempt to put
    a 30 lb. bag into the over head and you are close by, you may want to take cover. :roflfunny:

I sure get some odd looks with handicap plates on my Harley.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    The only ones that get me are handicapped plates on sports cars. You mean to tell me youre handicapped but can climb in and out of that thing several times a day? Shit-getting out of a chair hurts for me sometimes and I'm just a regular dude. Lol!

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    Hell I have a hard time getting in and out of my car and its pretty big. Just because you are handicapped don't mean you can't have fun.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Being a "handicapped/disabled individual myself due to real nasty incident some 20 years ago that left me paralyzed, wholly and totally paralyzed, on one side of my body, I totally agree with quite a few of the statements and opinions expressed. There are way too many people on some sort of disability pay that shouldn't be.

Even after being put on government disability, I went back to school, got my degree, and after graduating I worked for various design and manufacturing firms/companies for over twenty years, Without taking a penny from the gov., until I had to have serious, limb threatening surgeries, about eleven or twelve of them on my "good" arm. It was about that time, just before the surgeries, that I got laid off due to the economic collapse and was drawing unemployment. So in a way that was a godsend of sorts. Fast forward four years, working again and no longer accepting a gov. check.

Granted, I can't climb a ladder anymore. Or drive a big truck, or hang sheetrock or wallpaper, or work on cars or bikes like I used to can. But I can still get off what little ass I have left and do something. I think, as has been mentioned, that I still owe my country and community something. Anything. NOT the other way around.

Top Bottom