Hurley's Gold

I voted this morning? Who else has voted today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This morning, I went to my county website and printed out the sample ballot. I'll research each candidate and their record. Last time, I found some of the candidates for JUDGE had HORRIBLE records that even included charges of impropriety. When that is done, I'll vote.

NRA recommendations will weigh heavily this time. If NRA gives a "thumbs down", I won't vote for them.

Flash
    Bear in mind that Harry Reid got an "A" rating.
    Hurley's Gold

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    As I am a registered Libertarian, I can't vote in the Texas Republican primaries, but I can tell you I like all six of the Republican Ballot Propositions on the ballot.

If I am wrong then please correct me, but any one can vote in any one primary they wish to. You declare it when you show up to vote and that is the ballot you vote on. I've never had to "register" any party affiliation here in Texas. Do you mean you just choose not to vote based on you being a Libertatrian?

Elbe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    If I am wrong then please correct me, but any one can vote in any one primary they wish to. You declare it when you show up to vote and that is the ballot you vote on. I've never had to "register" any party affiliation here in Texas. Do you mean you just choose not to vote based on you being a Libertatrian?

Correct. There is no party affiliation asked when registering to vote in Texas. Most states don't do it this way and so all of these out of staters moving here think there is.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    Voted Friday with my wife. No surprise, we cast identical votes! Sure hoping that Stockman beats Cornyn on March 4th, or a run-off ata bare minimum.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not sure where you are voting, but turnout state wide is about 50% or less. I have never waited to vote.

Early voting was put into place to pacify the FSA and all of their " it's too hard to get out and vote on Election Day" horseshit. I am generally against it.

Well, considering how much I am out of town for work, I for one am all for this early voting "horseshit."

Maybe you ought to consider that not everyone has the luxury of being here on election day, but we still want to cast our ballot!

I support early voting and it's sad that even with this option, so many people are too lazy to take time for this civic responsibility. For as much as they complain about the government, if they don't go to the polls then they really have no right to bitch!

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Well, considering how much I am out of town for work, I for one am all for this early voting "horseshit."

Maybe you ought to consider that not everyone has the luxury of being here on election day, but we still want to cast our ballot!

I support early voting and it's sad that even with this option, so many people are too lazy to take time for this civic responsibility. For as much as they complain about the government, if they don't go to the polls then they really have no right to bitch!
    There is already a system in place for that( being out of town) it is called an absentee ballot.
    I am out of town( out of country actually) six months a year, and I still manage to vote. Anyone who bitches about voting on Election Day being too difficult should just not bother as they are probably FSA and will vote to raid my bank account anyway.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    There is already a system in place for that( being out of town) it is called an absentee ballot.
    I am out of town( out of country actually) six months a year, and I still manage to vote. Anyone who bitches about voting on Election Day being too difficult should just not bother as they are probably FSA and will vote to raid my bank account anyway.

No shit, I spent 25 years in the military and am more than familiar with the absentee ballot system; but my schedule is so fluid that I am never sure when I may have a trip scheduled as it changes on a weekly basis.

I just don't see why you're so against having early voting, even with it the turnout is pathetic, could you imagine how much lower it'd be without it? Technically, "absentee ballots" are early voting so you're contradicting yourself in claiming not to support that program.

Actually, I like the concept and am glad it's in place!

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Tell who am I supposed to vote for?

For US Senate anyone but Cornyn, I say Dwayne Stovall but a few others have different opinions.

For Lt. Governor Jerry Patterson is the choice of most gun owners.

For Comptroller I'm going with Debra Medina.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Anyone know of a good candidate comparison website? I am going through our ballot and there are the obvious choices (Abbott, Patterson, etc) but some races I don't recognize any of the candidate names. I also don't trust the NRA's ratings either, I'll look at them but I won't let them decide for me...

And if everyone doesn't go out to vote against Wendy Davis when the time comes, they get what they deserve!

Top Bottom