Hurley's Gold

I voted this morning? Who else has voted today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    This is an important election. Please vote in the primary and general elections.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I never vote early. Too much of a chance for the candidate to be caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy before the election. Or open his/her mouth and say what they really feel about a subject.

In my opinion the only wasted vote is one cast early and the candidate dies in a plane crash days before the election and the voters are then stuck with the spouse by default.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    I never vote early. Too much of a chance for the candidate to be caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy before the election. Or open his/her mouth and say what they really feel about a subject.

In my opinion the only wasted vote is one cast early and the candidate dies in a plane crash days before the election and the voters are then stuck with the spouse by default.

Well thats one way to look at it I suppose.

IMO it's a chance I'm willing to take so I don't have to wait in line with everyone else on election day.

After all, those things you are worried about are just as likely to happen the day after election day.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not sure where you are voting, but turnout state wide is about 50% or less. I have never waited to vote.

Early voting was put into place to pacify the FSA and all of their " it's too hard to get out and vote on Election Day" horseshit. I am generally against it.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I will go next week and take my chances that my candidate will still be alive and hasn't given a slip of the tongue sound bite.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Remember Clayton Williams "rape joke" ? Gave us four years of Ann Richards. How about Todd Aiken in Missouri ?
    Richard Murdock in Indiana ?

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    Remember Clayton Williams "rape joke" ? Gave us four years of Ann Richards. How about Todd Aiken in Missouri ?
    Richard Murdock in Indiana ?

I can come up with a lot worse and a whole lot more frequency of those that are currently in office right now.
    I get your point and if there wasn't early voting I would still vote even if I had to stand in line for hours.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I haven't done enough research on a few of the races still to decide who to vote for.

I always early vote in the general elections, but for the primaries in a small town, I'll either wait until election day or the end of early voting.

Not encouraged so far with the poll numbers for Cornyn. If anyone's going to get caught with something, hopefully it's him.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    I haven't done enough research on a few of the races still to decide who to vote for.

I always early vote in the general elections, but for the primaries in a small town, I'll either wait until election day or the end of early voting.

Not encouraged so far with the poll numbers for Cornyn. If anyone's going to get caught with something, hopefully it's him.

Where are they at? Roughly is fine.

Troysland

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Not sure where you are voting, but turnout state wide is about 50% or less. I have never waited to vote.
    Really? California, where I'm ashamed to say is where I'm from is something like 11%-12%. I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Where are they at? Roughly is fine.

43 - 28 is the last I remember seeing. I realize it takes 50% to avoid a runoff, but Cornyn's in the ballpark. I'd like to see him lose outright, but I think the only chance of him losing will be in a runoff with it only being a two horse race.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Early voting was put into place to pacify the FSA and all of their " it's too hard to get out and vote on Election Day" horseshit. I am generally against it.

Perhaps, but also helps those who have a job and maybe working overtime. Also shit happens and may prevent you from making it to the voting both on election day.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Or you, not having voted early, might also die, and your opportunity to vote was wasted. It works both ways, except that your wife couldn't vote for you.

kotetu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Houston
    This is an important election. Please vote in the primary and general elections.
    As I am a registered Libertarian, I can't vote in the Texas Republican primaries, but I can tell you I like all six of the Republican Ballot Propositions on the ballot.

1. Texans should be free to express their religious beliefs, including prayer, in public places.
    2. Texas should support Second Amendment liberties by expanding locations where concealed handgun license-holders may legally carry.
    3. Texas should abolish the state franchise tax, also known as the margins tax, to encourage business growth.
    4. Texas recipients of taxpayer-funded public assistance should be subject to random drug testing as a condition of receiving benefits.
    5. All elected officials and their staff should be subject to the same laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances as their constituents.
    6. The Affordable Care Act, also known as "Obamacare," should be repealed.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    As I am a registered Libertarian, I can't vote in the Texas Republican primaries, but I can tell you I like all six of the Republican Ballot Propositions on the ballot.
    I agree on the 6 propositions you listed. Did you see the ones of the dems ballot?

Edited to add DEMOCRATIC REFERENDUMS

IMMIGRATION REFORM The United States Congress must pass immigration reform; including an earned path to citizenship for those individuals contributing to the economy and the dependents of those individual

A LIVING WAGE FOR ALL TEXANS - Congress should pass legislation raising the federal minimum wage to at least 110% of the federal poverty level for a family of four without exception.

MEDICAID EXPANSION - The Governor and the Texas Legislature should accept federal funds; as provided in the Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act of 2010; for the expansion of Medicaid to provide coverage to millions of uninsured and underinsured Texans.

NON-DISCRIMINATION LEGISLATION - The Congress and the Texas Legislature should adopt legislation that expands protections against discriminations in employment; housing; and public accommodations based upon sexual orientation and gender identity.

Last edited:

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    This morning, I went to my county website and printed out the sample ballot. I'll research each candidate and their record. Last time, I found some of the candidates for JUDGE had HORRIBLE records that even included charges of impropriety. When that is done, I'll vote.

NRA recommendations will weigh heavily this time. If NRA gives a "thumbs down", I won't vote for them.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom