• ...and so much more!
  • Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Gonna have to rent the FN just held one at cabelas feels a bit blocky but not terrible also held the MP45 felt pretty good but man 15+1 sounds pretty awesome. Going to check shoot smart and elk castle next time I come around for rentals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My first modern pistol I ever bought was my W. German 226 my favorite and potentially the gun I'm most accurate with. So I know what your saying. The 227 just doesn't have what I want with the big extended mags. I have two of the old 18rn Mecgars for my 226 and I hate them though they are reliable just ugly.

Man, those are just barely past flush. I don't even notice the difference between them and the 15s at a glance...

Most of my mags are 20s, though. :p

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I'm old school, but not 100yr old school. Back in the '80s I happened on a good trade for a S&W 4506. Since then its never had weapons caused failure. Carried it for 12yrs. Its without doubt the best gun of any kind I have seen. LAPD officers still carry it. S&W will still produce them for LE special orders. ( mostly 4566DAO) Every time I take it out I return with a big smile. I like most 45's but love the 4506. Just saying, keep your options open

profound thinking about stuff

I'd have to agree. For a range toy and truck gun, it is hard to beat an all stainless 3rd gen S&W. My 4006 ,used for the same purpose, shoots that 40 round like a 380. Reliable, pretty rust resistant. Well made guns and cheap. Downsides, low on capacity and heavy. p220 is probably one of the finest combat handguns ever constructed. Don't know how p227 improves on the design, plus you're stuck with the e2 grips and expensive mags. Not a lot of negative to be said about Glock, S&W, FN, XD. Don't forget p250.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Mine are old ones I think they have a base plate maybe 3/4 thick.

Oh, jeez. The newer Mec Gar 18s might stick out a quarter of an inch. Hardly worth noticing and IMO nice to have something (not much, but more than the old 15s) to grab if the magazine decides it doesn't want to fall out on its own. The 20s I have will stick out about an inch.

The 18 should look like this: Mec-Gar Optimum Mag Base Pad Sig Sauer P226 9mm Luger 18-Round Steel

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Mine actually look like what the 20rnd ones look like now this was a estate sale gun came in it case with 4 language manual and the test targeted and 2 mags plus these two old 18rnd mags I have since shot the piss out of this handgun and it's my favorite 9mm wish it had the rail though but I'll get over it lol. Still looks almost new even.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Why does everyone hate on the E2 grips am I missing something?

I hate them because they're too small. The whole reason I fell in love with Sig is that the "classic" grips fit my hands better than anything I've tried so far.

Had a couple 1911s. Liked 'em. Sold them both because the grips were too small.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    See in the MP series pistols I like the small grips but I've not shot them. So I'd like to get another 226 and kinda retire my old one for special occasions. The E2 grips seems like it would be good for me.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Why does everyone hate on the E2 grips am I missing something?

I think the e2s are great on the p226. They are like sandpaper and your grip is rock solid. But I'm not a big fan of one-piece grips, especially when grip panels are integral to holding parts in the grip in place. You are stuck with them on the p227. What if I want to put wood or aluminum grip panels on? I can't on the p227.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    The wood grips I've seen on the 226 are just a tad to big to be comfy for me. I'd be interested in a double stack Para just haven't heard to many good things about them. I also suspect mags for the FN will be easier to come by.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    See in the MP series pistols I like the small grips but I've not shot them. So I'd like to get another 226 and kinda retire my old one for special occasions. The E2 grips seems like it would be good for me.

Sissy hands. :p

Cleanharry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Cz 97b

Put in a vote for the CZ 97B.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 124

mortdooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    As much as it hurt to part with the money I just bought the FNX45 tactical and think it was worth it. It is a large auto but feels good in my hand and I am able to shoot it as accurately as any gun I have ever used. The standard version is half the price and was on my wish list until I ordered a suppressor and needed the threaded barrel.

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Heart of Texas
    The best geal going in a .45 ACP pistol today is the Ruger SR45. I have experience with most of them and sold an XDm to buy the SR45. I doubt that there's a more accurate .45 ACP factory pistol. No 14 rounds, but far slimmer than any of the others with an easy to change backstrap that make it a good fit for everyone except those with very small hands.

Top Bottom