• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I want a Glock. I eventually want to get a PCC in 9mm, and since pretty much all of them take Glock mags, I might as well get one of the damn things.

There's a few I've looked at. I don't think I want a G19 since I probably wouldn't carry it much (I prefer SA/DA for carry), but I would consider it. The G17 and the G34 are the two I'm most interested in. The G17 is, well a G17. Ain't nothing really that special about it. They apparently make a long slide version called the G17L, and it's kinda freakishly long. It doesn't look natural, but it's at least interesting. The G34 is what I'm kinda leaning towards. It's longer than a G17, but not too long. It just seems right, is supposedly has a decent trigger. I'm probably going to upgrade the trigger anyways, so that's not overly important.

What ever I get, I'd want to put a red dot on (MOS), and I will get an Alpha Wolf barrel for it so that I can shoot cast without blowing the gun up. The gun will mainly be a range toy. I'm tempted to build the thing from thr ground up using one of those Polymer 80 kits, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much on it. By the time I did everything I'd want to do, it would be at least a $1000 gun...

Any suggestion, opinions, smart ass remarks, ect?
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Stick to the double-stack models so you can use the mags in the PCC that you said you’d like to eventually get.

Might want to finger-f@ck the G19 before you dismiss it. I prefer the way it feels in my hand compared to the G17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    feel bad.jpg

Attachments

• feel bad.jpg
      feel bad.jpg
      27.2 KB · Views: 1,094

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Kel-Tec Sub 2K ordered, but in 40 S&W. I was thinking of either getting the Ruger, or an AR-15 9mm carbine. When I pick up my Sub 2k (hopefully tomorrow) I'll see what Glocks they have and see what feels best to me.

You dont have to buy a Glock, you could use Pmags. I have 3 of these inserts from MEAN ARMS with about 600rnds between the 3.
    No issues yet.

https://www.meanarms.com/products/detail/endomag-9mm

That's weird, but I'm kinda intrigued by it.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I got a Sub2k in 9mm set up for Glock 17 mags, and a Glock 19/5. There wasn't really any planning involved there, obviously.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    What ever I get, I'd want to put a red dot on (MOS), and I will get an Alpha Wolf barrel for it so that I can shoot cast without blowing the gun up. The gun will mainly be a range toy. I'm tempted to build the thing from thr ground up using one of those Polymer 80 kits, but I'm not sure I want to spend that much on it. By the time I did everything I'd want to do, it would be at least a $1000 gun...

Any suggestion, opinions, smart ass remarks, ect?

Just my .02, but there's a few things you may want to consider before ruling out the P80 (not the kits), or in the tradeoff with other options...

First, based on your criteria, you're may find there's not a ton of price difference in overall path (though the specifics can get pricey).

For example, with the factory Glock MOS and aftermarket barrel, you're a bit cheaper than you can get to with other options; once you start adding upgraded sights, optics mounting hardware, etc., (not to mention aftermarket upgraded internals), the gap shrinks further.

The RDS is going to sit noticeably higher on the MOS slide than a milled one (that I've seen, anyway); you may be good with that, but if its an issue, then add in the cost of custom slide milling/refinishing. Now you're close to being in the same ballpark as a custom build even with just oem internals...

You can also buy a serialized frame if you don't want to finish an 80% frame.

Might want to finger-f@ck the G19 before you dismiss it. I prefer the way it feels in my hand compared to the G17.

Agreed, and raises one other point that with a P80, you've got the option of doing a 'long slide" G19 (pf940cl), which is equivalent to a grip-chopped G17 (G17 slide with G19 grip). It's the one Glock let get away for whatever reason and never made (honestly, would have made more sense to me than some of their recent inclusions).

I give this one honorable mention as it's fast becoming one of my favorites, and something not available on a factory frame (that I'm aware of, at least)

Either way, hope that helps some.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Agreed, and raises one other point that with a P80, you've got the option of doing a 'long slide" G19 (pf940cl), which is equivalent to a grip-chopped G17 (G17 slide with G19 grip). It's the one Glock let get away for whatever reason and never made (honestly, would have made more sense to me than some of their recent inclusions).

You mean like an inverted mullet Glock?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Or if you want Glock compatibility but don’t care who makes it, the new PSA “Glock” might be a good choice.

Most parts are interchangeable with Glock.
    And of course it uses Glock mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom