• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Whole bunch of slackers up in this thread.
    I fart in your general direction!
    s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
      s-l1600.jpg
      69.2 KB · Views: 357

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Todd you need you some more Austrian Tupperware

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More would imply I have at least one. I’ve never done such an act.

I’ve tried several different models, but they just feel like a brick in my hand.

I do have a couple M&P full sizes, and a Taurus (got it as part of a trade) that’s striker fired. The M&P I feels good and the Taurus isn’t really worth anything, so those will stay. I may pick up an M&P2.0 compact just to have, but my pistol life has been mostly 1911s and revolvers.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    More would imply I have at least one. I’ve never done such an act.

I’ve tried several different models, but they just feel like a brick in my hand.

I do have a couple M&P full sizes, and a Taurus (got it as part of a trade) that’s striker fired. The M&P I feels good and the Taurus isn’t really worth anything, so those will stay. I may pick up an M&P2.0 compact just to have, but my pistol life has been mostly 1911s and revolvers.

The M&Ps are awesome guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I may pick up an M&P2.0 compact just to have, but my pistol life has been mostly 1911s and revolvers.

The M&P 2.0 triggers are a nice improvement, for a striker fired trigger. They're no 1911 or single action revolver but the break on my M&P9 2.0 is much nicer than my M&P45 1.0.

I have three M&Ps. I had a Glock 19. I've yet to feel the need to buy another Glock though I've thought about a G45 or G43X with the Shield Arms mags at times.

kittyhawk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NE Houston
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg

Top ones an older gen 3 with around 10,000 rounds through it and the bottoms a New Shadow Systems MR918. The only thing I’d add or change on the SS is adding an extended slide lock/release. The SS has 600 rounds and the barrel finished is holding up great so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 606
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 510

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Fired a hundred rounds through a G43X on Monday, and overall, I really do have to say that I'm quite impressed with it. A LOT thinner than that the brick/2x4 feel of a G19-G17. Trigger is about a billion gazillion times better than the G19-4 I had, and the balance feels better too. Felt recoil with 115grn fmj was well within reason and close to minimal to me. My biggest gripe about it, would be the damnable goal post sights. While I was well within three inches of POA at about 10 yards, the grouping could have been much better with a good set of sights.

All in all,(hanging my head in shame) I think I like it.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2015
    Katy, TX
    Fired a hundred rounds through a G43X on Monday, and overall, I really do have to say that I'm quite impressed with it. A LOT thinner than that the brick/2x4 feel of a G19-G17. Trigger is about a billion gazillion times better than the G19-4 I had, and the balance feels better too. Felt recoil with 115grn fmj was well within reason and close minimal to me. My biggest gripe about it, would be the damnable goal post sights. While I was well within three inches of POA at about 10 yards, the grouping could have been much better with a good set of sights.

All in all,(hanging my head in shame) I think I like it.

Just got a 48. Feels great - not sure if a 43x will be a better choice for iwb carry. The slimness is a huge plus though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clawmarks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    austin, tx
    A couple of my latest purchases. All in Battlefield Green. View attachment 213607
    I took this pic a few minutes ago to send to a buddy and then saw @toddnjoyce trio picture and figured I should throw this one up here.
    Wow, those are actually not hideous! Good for you (seriously, I'm kinda jealous). I just got me a 48 with a silver slide and it's so ugly I want to shoot it with itself...

I told my wife before getting it how frustrated I am by the fact it's such a good piece of engineering in such an ugly case, and how function beats form so I decided to get it. When I got back home and showed it to her, her response was priceless: "oh wow, I was sure I'm going to tell you it's not that bad, but you were absolutely right". lol.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Wow, those are actually not hideous! Good for you (seriously, I'm kinda jealous). I just got me a 48 with a silver slide and it's so ugly I want to shoot it with itself...

I told my wife before getting it how frustrated I am by the fact it's such a good piece of engineering in such an ugly case, and how function beats form so I decided to get it. When I got back home and showed it to her, her response was priceless: "oh wow, I was sure I'm going to tell you it's not that bad, but you were absolutely right". lol.
    Yeah the only 26 I can find at the moment has the silver slide, it’s pretty ugly. Bi-tone black and silver ain’t bad though, green and silver is hideous.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I like my 43+. Assembled it from this, that, and the other thing. Night sights, ZEV Pro trigger, front serrations.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      2.3 MB · Views: 162

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I made a holster for a coworker and it happened to be for a Glock 19 Gen 4. I got to handle the gun a bit, and I actually kind of liked it. The grip was a bit shorter than I'd like, but the gun felt far better than I remembered Glocks feeling.

I still might wait for the MR920 to hit the market unless I can find the right Glock at the right price. Like I said before, the MOS is mandatory. I want to be able to run a red dot. The G17 or the G45 might be good options. I guess I should also mention that I apparently qualify for the blue label program. If I can find a participating dealer around me, I might be able to save a good bit of money on the Glock and use that to upgrade the trigger and sights. :D

Top Bottom