Join TexasGunTalk

I want a Glock

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Maverick44, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Axxe55

Axxe55 Professional Troublemaker, and Dog Whisperer!

Dec 15, 2019
    Deep East Texas
    A Glock, is a Glock!

They are not my first choice in a pistol when I'm looking to buy, but if I ran across one for the right price, I'd for sure buy it.

I have shot enough of them in the past, that I'm decently accurate enough to hit what I aim at. Again, not my first choice for a pistol.

I seriously would never discourage anyone from trying one, or buying one, if it's the best pistol for that person.

They have their pros and done just like any other brand of pistol.

Pros: lightweight, reliable, great magazine capacity, simple to maintain, reasonably accurate, and priced decently.

Come: not an optimum grip angle, (personal preference) blocky looking, not an attractive pistol compared to many other polymer pistols, and Glock fanboys!

Granted, my con's are purely subjective, and my personal reasons as to why a Glock isn't my first choice when buying. Another person needs to make their own list of pros and con's, and weigh them for themselves, as to whether a Glock is their best choice.

Old_Sarge and Maverick44 like this.
  2. shipwreck

shipwreck Well-Known

Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I have been Glockless for years - but have owned them on and off since 1993.

I recently got a Glock 48 - it has respurred my love for Glocks. I love the thinness and light weight. It has become my new EDC

hcmmmvo.jpg

BuzzinSATX, Maverick44 and Axxe55 like this.
  3. O.S.O.K. 1961

O.S.O.K. 1961 Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Austin
    You may consider a police trade-in Gen 2 trade-in. They may have Gen 3's now... I have one and like you are planning, I replaced the trigger and also the guide rod. It is so accurate and easy to shoot quickly and accurately. I really like it. Most of these have the tritium sights too - mine does - and they still glow a little lol. But they're just good sights period.

It has character too.

Oh and one thing I really like is that there are so many aftermarket drop-in barrels. I have one with a threaded muzzle. It's got the cut rifling so I can shoot cast loads out of it with no worries.

G17.jpg

[​IMG]

Old_Sarge and Maverick44 like this.
  4. kingjoey5000

kingjoey5000 New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    they always do what they are supposed to do.

Jakashh, Maverick44 and Pops1955 like this.
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Welcome to the Forum!

Maverick44 likes this.
  6. kingjoey5000

kingjoey5000 New Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Spring
    thx

7. Old_Sarge

Old_Sarge Active Member

Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    ABSOLUTELY!

I have had great luck with the LEO turn ins for $300. mostly G22 in .40 though but did get lucky on a G17 once, it was like brand new at a pawn shop for $300.

If you can find a used G17 or G19 they both shoot the same for me, very accurate (sorry guys, maybe I am just used to the trigger).

If I squeeze slow I can hit a silhouette at 50 yards no prob. At 25 yards you are screwed if I shoot at you. That's good enough in my humble opinion.

For the money you can't go wrong. Also, I would only buy 17 rd mags because you know they work in both G19 and G17 but you knew that. Point is that G19 probably comes with at least one 15 rd mag for concealment if you like, but any extras I buy would be 17 rd at least.

I just did a search and they are hard to find right now because of all the recent buying but in normal times they are plentiful.

I did see the G22s are still out there at recoilgunworks.

I guess the bottom line is that it never hurts to have an extra piece around, especially something known to take a beating and be reliable, just in case your friend/brother in law/neighbor needs to back you up in shtf and it is the second rule of gunfighting...bring all your friends who have guns!

1267135258-Gun_Fight.jpg

I did find this great deal on .357 Sig with night sights if anyone wants one of these lol
    https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/product-details?id=78212

Glock_31_Gen_4_357_Sig_.png

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    TX OMFS and Pops1955 like this.
  8. clawmarks

clawmarks Member

Apr 21, 2020
    austin, tx
    Easy: get yourself the Stribog as a pcc, since it doesn't take glock mags there's no need for a glock, problem solved.

9. Mike_from_Texas

Mike_from_Texas Active Member

Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I have all double stack models of the 9mm Glock except the G17L and G18 (). G34 is my favorite by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old_Sarge and Big Green like this.
  10. peter.brandon.733

peter.brandon.733 Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Katy, TX
    Been considering my first Glock after avoiding them for years because, well it’s Glock! made a mistake of renting a G17 gen 5 today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old_Sarge, TX OMFS and Big Green like this.