• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Looking over what they consist of I will make the following changes when I order it after work today...

No pickles.
    Replace regular jalapenos with grilled jalapenos.
    Extra onions.
    Replace mustard with ketchup (wish they could put the spicy ketchup on it but it does not show as an option).

Anyone with detailed and/or unique requirements on their burger?
    DK Firearms

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Burger is well done.

Steak barely mediummmmmmmmmm.

Anyways no lettuce or tomato or Ketchup with extra onion and bacon. Mayo if they got it. Must have mustard. WBurger mustard is preferred but others will do.

Just no fraking ketchup!

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    I dont eat fast food but I make my own elk or axis deer burgers. I use pepperjack cheese, grilled pretzel bun and Rib Rack original bbq sauce

I am liking the pepperjack cheese, grilled pretzel bun and Rib Rack original bbq sauce. Not sure about the elk or deer burgers as I am a poultry and beef guy.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Whataburger w/ cheese, all the way, jalapenos and Texas toast. I prefer the Texas so much that if I forget to ask for it and get a regular bun, I almost don't even want to eat it.

I saw the option for having a burger with Texas toast and I was kind of curious about that. At first, I thought it would be too much bread but maybe not?

twain55

Texan
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    San Antonio
    I saw the option for having a burger with Texas toast and I was kind of curious about that. At first, I thought it would be too much bread but maybe not?

Nope. It seems like less bread imo. That's one of the reason I like it. Plus, Texas toast just taste good. And if a person is into calories...it's LESS calories than regular buns.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    OK, lets see...

I'd take one with triple patty (unfortunately food safety says well done) swiss cheese, shrooms, lettuce/tomato, bacon, avocado, catsup/mustard/bbqsauce/horsey, no frickin mayo (lol), no peppers, on toasted rye bread. :frog:

And I need to order it delivered... :what:

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Nope. It seems like less bread imo. That's one of the reason I like it. Plus, Texas toast just taste good. And if a person is into calories...it's LESS calories than regular buns.

I like the idea of a little less bread. I think I will order one with Texas toast and another with a small bun as that is also an option.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I like the idea of a little less bread. I think I will order one with Texas toast and another with a small bun as that is also an option.

The toast will be more bread than the bun. The small bun seems to me like the best option among all the breads, except for the chicken tender sandwich. That needs toast.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    At home the burgers are medium rare.

Yes, this approach isn't risk free, but gawd it's so much tastier than well done and so far (decades) we've gotten away with cooking this way without any sort of food borne illness.

While I usually go for sharp cheddar on occasion on me burger, at times I like a high quality blue cheese instead...lots of raw onion, avocado, tomato, romaine lettuce, mustard, no mayo, no ketchup as this condiment is for grilled or fried potatoes.

I eat at least two monster sized burgers with a side of the previously mentioned pa pa's.

Tonight is grilled leg of lamb.

In a casserole dish, a layer of 1/4" thick sliced potatoes, a layer of sharp cheddar, a layer of fresh aparagus with more layers baked in the oven.

I don't do the cooking.

I do the cleanup.

Fair's fair...

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    The toast will be more bread than the bun. The small bun seems to me like the best option among all the breads, except for the chicken tender sandwich. That needs toast.

What is interesting is that on the Whataburger website they list the standard large bun as 310 calories, the Texas Toast as 230 calories, and the small bun as 170 calories. I am going to try the Texas Toast and small bun and see which one I prefer.

Top Bottom