• ...and so much more!
  • Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are

I hate nothing more then getting phucked at the drive thru. Its infuriating.

Sorry be it WB or any other FFR I refuse to wait in a drive thru line for 30 min for an at best OK burger.

IF I can enter and order I will still stop in occasion (most here are open inside). There os NOT a FF burger good enough for me to wait the at long.

And 95% of the time get phucked.

Since THEY are forcing us to do the drive up window THEY should make it a point to be 100% on order accuracy.

Mostly I eat home made food.
    Before during and after this BS time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Venture Surplus ad

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    I left the house early yesterday and forgot about breakfast. I decided I'd pull up the Whataburger app and order from the one I was going to pass.

I put my order in for a sausage biscuit with egg, no cheese. Because I don't know what that orange plastic square is, but it ain't cheese.

I got an error. "No cheese is not available at this location." WTF? How could something I don't want be "not available"? I had a brief moment of bewilderment.

Then it hit me. The new majority owners (BDT Capital Partners, Chicago IL.) are cutting costs and pre-making the biscuit sandwiches in a commissary and shipping them out to the stores to be microwaved. I guess that ain't necessarily bad in and of itself but the product I got was not up to their usual standards. Maybe I should say "previous standards". I got most of the cheese off....it wasn't melted very well. Product was not very hot. But I don't see why they can't remove it before they nuke it.

I fear they are going to do to Whataburger what they did to Chili's. Oh well, there's always DQ.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My Whataburger order that got after work as I said I was going to do earlier was a total disaster. It took over 15 minutes of waiting through the drive through just to place my order but after getting the order I failed to check it out till I got home. Turns out the burgers were completely cold and they did not make the special order I requested. It looked like they just took the contents of several room temperature burgers that were sitting out and changed the buns to the ones I requested. It did not look or taste fresh at all as custom orders are supposed to be made from scratch. I submitted a lengthy complaint to the main office as that was one of the worst hamburger orders I have ever had.

Looks like Whataburger is definitely sub-standard now and I am sure this is due to the purchase of Whataburger by an investment banking firm back in 2019 from the original family that started it. Another example of big business ruining what was a great family run company.
    No problems at all the last times I went to WB. I go inside. They don't care that I don't wear a mask.

I do think their drive through's have been overwhelmed at times.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I left the house early yesterday and forgot about breakfast. I decided I'd pull up the Whataburger app and order from the one I was going to pass.

I put my order in for a sausage biscuit with egg, no cheese. Because I don't know what that orange plastic square is, but it ain't cheese.

I got an error. "No cheese is not available at this location." WTF? How could something I don't want be "not available"? I had a brief moment of bewilderment.

Then it hit me. The new majority owners (BDT Capital Partners, Chicago IL.) are cutting costs and pre-making the biscuit sandwiches in a commissary and shipping them out to the stores to be microwaved. I guess that ain't necessarily bad in and of itself but the product I got was not up to their usual standards. Maybe I should say "previous standards". I got most of the cheese off....it wasn't melted very well. Product was not very hot. But I don't see why they can't remove it before they nuke it.

I fear they are going to do to Whataburger what they did to Chili's. Oh well, there's always DQ.

Biscuit sandwiches at the local WB are not pre-made. You can see them preparing them in the kitchen.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Biscuit sandwiches at the local WB are not pre-made. You can see them preparing them in the kitchen.

Well then I have no explanation for why "no cheese" was not available even though it was an option on the app. Unless the Whataburger I went to was different. I think I'll go ask Whataburger.....

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    FYI, Wendy's breakfast and specifically their sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit is pretty damn good. Always trade out whatever bun they have for the biscuit. Seasoned potato wedges are good. Theyre always doing some kind of deal because they are promoting the new breakfast line. You can rack up bookoo points in the app ad well and get free food quickly. You're welcome.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    A before picture, not an after picture :)
    18D8CE2A-B2EE-42B8-8942-17D06E0235CB.gif

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    At home the burgers are medium rare.

I used to do such, but:

1. She That Must Be Obeyed doesn't want hers that way. She's a skeerdy kat!

2. The quality of todays store-bought burger is such that it tastes like horsemeat. When I've got the $$, I buy a whole side of chuck direct from the butcher and have them grind it... they usually have to add a bit of fat to make it not too lean. A proper burger should be dripping with fat, leaner tastes should eat elk or bison.

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    When I still ate fast food, WB was my favorite with Wendy's a close second.

At this point, knowing what I've learned, I no longer eat out even at very high quality places.

Why's that?

Employees with a variety of contagious illnesses that have nothing to do with c19, think hepatitis...that can be passed onto you, along with employees with backgrounds you be surprised to learn they're ex-cons that have zero g.a.s. about hygiene and other awfuls.

Nope, I eat at home.

I'm willing to risk all kinds of things (think scuba diving at night by myself in a foreign country/sky diving and much other risky shit) but eating at restaurants is no longer one of them...oh and it's not getting close to others, it's the risky food...

If you knew how most foods are made/processed/handled, you would never buy any at a grocery store... you would only raise your own meat for slaughter and pick you fruits/veggies off your own land. (Hint: never eat mayo.)

Someday read about the FDA standards for allowable rat hairs, mouse turds, roach casings, etc. I hate comparisons to Europe, but by and large they don't go for that. Except France of course. But what can you expect from a bunch of Frogs? :frog:

My step-daughter had a phobia (when she was still alive. She died in her 30s.) She soaked all her fruits and veggies in a sink of bleach water. Yikes.

Try to remember that Euell Gibbons ate healthy but still died of an aortic rupture due to Marfan Syndrome. When your number is up................

;)

Last edited:

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Been in satx for 10+ years and still don't understand the appeal of whataburger. So many better option in the same price range. Its a semi-free country. Im glad people who enjoy it get to have that option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You didn’t mention them but I don’t get the fascination with In N Out. I’ve tried them multiple times and just don’t like them. Their burgers have NO flavor (add on condiments are NOT burger flavor) and their fries are just........I don’t even know how to describe those things they call fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    You didn’t mention them but I don’t get the fascination with In N Out. I’ve tried them multiple times and just don’t like them. Their burgers have NO flavor (add on condiments are NOT burger flavor) and their fries are just........I don’t even know how to describe those things they call fries.

I haven't had an In-N-Out burger in 30yrs, but I remember them as pretty good. Maybe they changed. McD Quarter Pounder used to be OK, but now I can't gag one down. Maybe it's just old age tastebuds changing, but I think meat contracts change.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I haven't had an In-N-Out burger in 30yrs, but I remember them as pretty good. Maybe they changed. McD Quarter Pounder used to be OK, but now I can't gag one down. Maybe it's just old age tastebuds changing, but I think meat contracts change.

McDonald's was my go to fast food burger place many years ago. I can't stand them now, and haven't eaten one in years.

Either our tastes change, or we learn to appreciate better tasting food.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

You are exactly correct. Condiments and add-on's on a burger don't make a burger taste better. The foundation of a good burger is the meat and bun. Everything else should either add or compliment the burger.

I like the minimum of vegetables and condiments on my burger. Bacon and cheese compliment the burger. Adding too many add-on's starts making the burger confusing. Every once in a while, I do like to put grilled onions and mushrooms, along with some Swiss cheese on a burger. But, I also exclude most all of the regular vegetables when I do. I also might go with some grilled bell peppers if I have them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I used to do such, but:

1. She That Must Be Obeyed doesn't want hers that way. She's a skeerdy kat!

2. The quality of todays store-bought burger is such that it tastes like horsemeat. When I've got the $$, I buy a whole side of chuck direct from the butcher and have them grind it... they usually have to add a bit of fat to make it not too lean. A proper burger should be dripping with fat, leaner tastes should eat elk or bison.

In the home environment where you have greater control over how the meat was prepped and stored, you can probably have a safer eating experience going medium rare on your burger patties. I too like my burgers a little more on the medium rare side of being grilled.

This isn't something I would trust very many fast food burger joints to do and trust to eat in such a way.

Top Bottom