• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Concealed carry? It's not a handgun, and last I knew Texas concealed carry laws only applied to handguns.

It has a butt stock, so it'd be an SBR. Even in full auto it's a rifle because of the stock.

They look pretty damn cool, but the last I heard it was just a prototype, not for production. If anyone watched Robocop 2 or 3 they had something similar that some punk a%% drug dealing kid was carrying in the arcade.

Yeah, the idea isn't exactly new. I think the one in Robocop was an Ares: Modern Firearms - Ares FMG / folding submachine gun

This blog has a video showing the UC folding SMG in action: Folding Submachine Gun | Snowflakes in Hell

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    True. I just took the CHL class today so its still fresh in my grape. Class three weapons, including the folding book SMGs are NOT covered under CHL guidelines and are NOT legal under CHL laws.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    I think it would be illegal based on its barrel length and overall length for a rifle...if it were classified as a rifle and I dont see why it wouldnt be considering it has a buttstock. Im thinking its a submachinegun.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Not legal? I was under the impression that Texas only regulated the carry of handguns.

For concealed carry. Hell if I know whether or not its legal other wise. I just know you cant stuff it in your belt under a coat.
    Be interesting to sling one over your shoulder and make a trip to Wally World though. But not in Texas. Maybe Arizona...

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    sooooo
    what ou guys are saying is, if one was so inlcined, they could walk down the street with their longarm?
    i used to do this as a kid down around my old farm and on the roads surrounding it, when going to a neighbors place ro somthing fro a little crow shooting or something... but that was a long time ago and the area kindof lent itself to those activites...
    now im not saying id go for a walk around town with a black rifle on a sling just for grins.... but is it legal is the question?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Wolfwood,
    It is legal to have a long arm in public as long as it's not inciting fear or panic to the public. (or something to that effect)
    And my take on the folding "flash light" is SBR and not concealed unless it's in your back pocket under a coat. It would be an awesome gun tho and I'd get one if the price was right.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmmm
    thanks for the tip.

yeah, i personally dont see the ned for SBRs,
    why pay extra to have one fo those when you can jsut get a bullpup and have the advantages of bot an sbr and a full length barrel....
    but they sure look cool!

Top Bottom