• deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    AR10 IT IS!

Going to buy the one in the linked post, probably.

OH LAST QUESTION!

Which caliber is the best then, 308, or 6.5 creedmore?

My plan, as of this thread's info:

-Build AR 10 in 308 or 6.5 and the other way later on.

-Buy the scope used in the Rex Reviews video, or something like it. (@orbitup)

-Practice with what I do have while building it.

-When I inevitably get sucked in, spend bigger bucks on a sick ass bolt gun.

I do not reload but wanted to around the time when I was researching it, it was said to not save much money unless you were reloading big expensive rounds. I don't think I will do it just to customize me loads, but I will to save money.

I will definitely buy a chronograph.

I went with 6.5 CM. I like it better than 308, personal preference. I have both.
    Lynx Defense

navysooner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Ft. Worth
    For the love of god don’t get the mossberg! If you are going with those two get the Ruger and the Magpul stock. And shtf long range rifle is kind of a moral thing. If you are going to shoot someone at say 500 yards can you really tell they have hostile intentions at that distance? Just having a gun doesn’t mean hostile. I imagine if everything does go south everyone in this state will have their guns out. Except those who voted for Beto of course. Also at 500 yards who’s to say they are even going to come anywhere near you.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    For the love of god don’t get the mossberg! If you are going with those two get the Ruger and the Magpul stock. And shtf long range rifle is kind of a moral thing. If you are going to shoot someone at say 500 yards can you really tell they have hostile intentions at that distance? Just having a gun doesn’t mean hostile. I imagine if everything does go south everyone in this state will have their guns out. Except those who voted for Beto of course. Also at 500 yards who’s to say they are even going to come anywhere near you.

Close enough to tell if they might have something you need...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Close enough to tell if they might have something you need...

Hahahaha!!!! Made my day.

But no it’s for hunting mainly but in a situation like that, I’m talking a rare situation. I’d never shoot anyone for their stuff...

Unless he had fine woman and mine died and my kids needed a mother at the end of this terrible world.

BANG!

500 yards later. “Maam you ok? What happened to him? Come with me, me and my kids will protect you...”

“Can you cook?”

Just a joke fellas...

@navysooner
    This is all hypothetical, obviously. All of those factors are considered. That part that is not hunting is simply a huge IF.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX

My wife was shot from 500 yards away and one of the responding officers was nearly hit.

She was in no shape to return fire and I wasn’t home. However, I can imagine scenarios, especially in the country, where it’d be helpful to have the capability to defend yourself with a long range shot.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A man’s gotta eat.

Let me know if you want to join my crew. Need to know before TEOTWAWKI. Showing up afterwards is risky.

tenor.gif

Attachments

• tenor.gif
      tenor.gif
      267.2 KB · Views: 471
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads