• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    cc9.gif
    Can you write your name in cursive high on the wall? Legible like? In someone else's piss?
    Military Camp

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    The last time I bought ammo at a Academy was 1998, in Abilene , TX.
    They had 50 rd whitebox 9mm for 6 bucks .
    I picked up a 500 round case , when I got to the check out, the girl scanned it and it showed $ 6 for the entire 500 rnds.

I explained to her there were 10 boxes in the case and it should be $60, I did not want her to get in trouble and most likely get fired, nor did I want her to end up paying via paycheck deduction.

I never go to A town anymore, not on my area of operation these days.

Wood2Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2017
    Baltimore MD
    Even in pre CCP virus days, why does .380 cost more than 9mm? Were people buying so many .380s that they were driving up the price? Or, is .380 more costly to produce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Even in pre CCP virus days, why does .380 cost more than 9mm? Were people buying so many .380s that they were driving up the price? Or, is .380 more costly to produce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back in the pre-CHL days .380 was a niche caliber. Like .32acp there just wasn’t much demand. It was produced in small batches by ammo manufacturers. That meant higher production costs.
    The small supply chain met the demand.
    Heck I’m old enough to remember when 9mm itself was a niche round.
    In the 1970’s 9mm was some oddball stuff. It was expensive as hell too.
    Then the Glock thing happened in the early 80’s and 9mm became much more popular.
    When the CHL thing took off in the mid-late 90’s the demand for small pocket autos skyrocketed. .380 ammo became unobtainium very quickly. It remains so today. The ammo manufacturers can’t seem to get this.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Recall the guy in the not too distant past (it was national news) that bought up scads of TP in order to sell high?

There were others doing the same.

TP is not a luxury item, but buying it retail to re-sell does contribute to denying the average consumer...

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Recall the guy in the not too distant past (it was national news) that bought up scads of TP in order to sell high?

There were others doing the same.

TP is not a luxury item, but buying it retail to re-sell does contribute to denying the average consumer...

Back when the TP shortage just started at the beginning of the year, there was a guy selling TP for $5 a roll in the parking lot of the WalMart in Palestine. He had an entire bed load of it! I hope he got stuck with every roll of that TP!

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Agree, Free market. Don't like it then don't buy it. I learned early on that there's a cyclic nature to this guns and ammo game and I buy a lot of ammo when its cheap and on sale. I have 5 cases of 8mm and don't even have a gun to shoot it!
    LOL! That's how I got my Glock 19. Had lots of 9mm, but nothing to shoot it.

Sammy09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2020
    Texas
    Price gouging is illegal's and yes you can report it to Texas Attorney General, Don't fall for the free market argument thus why Cheaper than dirt is being investigated for price gouging same for many other places.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom