Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The ad specifically says the seller didn't do the work on the gun, so I can't blame them. If somebody offered it to me and said they did the work, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue.

I'm not a 1911 lover and I'm still revolted by this abomination.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    The ad specifically says the seller didn't do the work on the gun, so I can't blame them. If somebody offered it to me and said they did the work, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to hold my tongue.

I'm not a 1911 lover and I'm still revolted by this abomination.

This means that not only did the seller purchase that abomination from the idiot who perpetrated it, thereby encouraging further expeditions into idiocy, but they've turned around and offered to inflict it on the rest of the world.

Still no excuse for them.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If the only thing they had done was the slide it might have, at a certain price, been worth it. I have an "extra" 1911 slide, although it is technically a Sistema. Unfortunately he says "This gun has been highly customized inside and out" which could mean a lot of worse things. If I were a buyer that would worry me, especially since he points out the trigger is very light. I had a 1911 with a very light trigger once. Turned out the idiot who had it before me had ground down the sear to get it that way. Amazing. Without being able to personally look over that firearm I wouldn't pay the price he's asking.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This means that not only did the seller purchase that abomination from the idiot who perpetrated it, thereby encouraging further expeditions into idiocy, but they've turned around and offered to inflict it on the rest of the world.

Still no excuse for them.
    That's a harsh attitude...but not unreasonable. You'll get no static from me.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Because of people like you with a dremel and a lot of spare time ;)

33krsj6.gif
    Don't make me come over there son.

:roflfunny:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    "For you Purists out there"

That's the line that got me...

Sell it your shop and keep it off line if you don't want comments on it....

We occasionally will get older classic military rifles that were sporterized decades ago when the rifles were plentiful and cheap. We frown upon it now days, but it was a common and accepted practice at one point and time....

I doubt serioiusly though, this pistol was customized years ago.......................it is an abomination...

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    That's a harsh attitude...but not unreasonable. You'll get no static from me.

I tend to have little patience with someone who ruins a classic and calls it "improved" and "customized" - and even less patience with someone that encourages it. Hell, I had the same sense of horror at that "customized combat-ready" Glock a few months ago and I don't even like Glocks.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have never understood how people can ruin a historical piece. Like this one.
    Seriously, the gun itself is old and probably worn. Add in the money it costs to modify it. So you spent a lot of money and you still have a worn old gun.
    No way is the steel in it as good as modern techniques produce.

Top Bottom