• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I used to have a PF9 that I bought when they first introducted the hard-chromed model and I had really liked it but it was just a little too big for me to pocket comfortably. Well, I just got a very nice used (150 rounds through it) P32 in on a trade deal that I'm taking a liking to. Came with two 7rd mags, a 10rd mag and Nemesis holster (which I'll replace with a leather pocket holster as I don't like the Nemesis). Looks like he had a belt clip on it as the pin doesn't look stock. Gotta order a new frame pin for it.

I can't even put it in the safe as I'm afraid all the HK's will beat it up. :eek:

I couldn't wait till this next weekend to go to the range so I just stepped out on the back porch and fired off about 200rds of various ammo. It ran flawless with every type round nose FMJ (I didn't have any flat nose to try), Hornady JHP, Hydra-Shoks and Corbons. It didn't like the Gold Dots though, I was getting rimlock with them. I'll be sticking to FMJ's in it anyways but wanted to try some JHP's.

This thing is suprisingly easy to shoot accurately for me never shooting one before...even one handed/weak handed. It's got a nice smooth, loooong trigger pull that took me a couple mags to get used to. But after I got used to it I was knocking down my 8" plates at 25yrds.....even killed a treat for the dog (rabbit) with it at about 20yrds.....works for me. :cool: I'll still shoot it some more this weekend on paper, gotta see how long till it completely falls apart on me...right?
    biggrin.gif

The slide, barrel, take down pin and extractor have been nickel plated by a shop in Houston (not sure the name). Plus I like the serial number letters CHL. :D

ARJ Defense ad

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I had the P32 and carried it for a couple of years.
    It was very reliable and I carried/shot Cor-Bon's in it with no problems.

Good gun and I loved it when I installed the belt clip and I could carry wearing everything short of a speedo.;)

wegriffin8642

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Houston
    H--

A few months ago, I bought the Kel-Tec P3AT and really like it....you might want to consider a Covert Carrier for it---well worth the money...

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I like my 380, though I think the trigger on the .32's are better. I like the +1 mag extenders.

I bought a IWB holster from ebay and it works pretty well. I just don't like the idea of a gun in the pocket.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have 2 p3AT's and a Ruger LCP and carry one of them at all times. I don't even go down to the mailbox without one. One of these has over 50,000 carry miles on it but I switch them out regularly so I'm not sure which one it is.

Using Federal Personal Defense .380 auto 90 grain JHP "hydra shok" ammo, the little heaters work faultlessly. Been carrying the Kel-Tec's for over 4 years and the Ruger came home later.

When I got the Kel-Tec's, ammo was still plentiful so I bought every available .380 round and tried them all. The right load is critical as the pistols barf on the wrong load. Yes, they are a bit fussy about ammo! The Federal loads mentioned above always worked 100%.

The Pistols are carried in my right pants pocket and the only problem that ever developed is a collection of pocket fuzz that needs to be cleaned out occasionally.

As an experienced Kel-Tec carrier, may I offer some advice? I prefer 1911's and Glocks. They are the best in the world. I carry the Kel-Tecs or the Ruger because having one of those little pistols with me is better than the 1911 left at home on the nightstand. Someone is always trashing my choice of carry weapons. Don't listen to that cra_! Do what YOU feel is best!

The problem stems from the individual image about what self defense is like. Some of our CHL holders see the Gunfight at the OK Corral with a quick reload and correct Weaver stance. Geeze.............

My image goes like this: The bad guy makes his move, 5 quick rounds pop to the center of the mass in the night. After those rounds, I'm blinded & can't hear a durned thing. I'm scared to death & run like heck while he's figuring out what happened to him and why he is leaking red stuff. After running 3 blocks, I call the cops on my cell, advise them where his body should be while I figure out how to get a dry pair of shorts.

Carry small but carry always.

Flash

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I have 2 p3AT's and a Ruger LCP and carry one of them at all times. I don't even go down to the mailbox without one. One of these has over 50,000 carry miles on it but I switch them out regularly so I'm not sure which one it is.

Using Federal Personal Defense .380 auto 90 grain JHP "hydra shok" ammo, the little heaters work faultlessly. Been carrying the Kel-Tec's for over 4 years and the Ruger came home later.

When I got the Kel-Tec's, ammo was still plentiful so I bought every available .380 round and tried them all. The right load is critical as the pistols barf on the wrong load. Yes, they are a bit fussy about ammo! The Federal loads mentioned above always worked 100%.

The Pistols are carried in my right pants pocket and the only problem that ever developed is a collection of pocket fuzz that needs to be cleaned out occasionally.

As an experienced Kel-Tec carrier, may I offer some advice? I prefer 1911's and Glocks. They are the best in the world. I carry the Kel-Tecs or the Ruger because having one of those little pistols with me is better than the 1911 left at home on the nightstand. Someone is always trashing my choice of carry weapons. Don't listen to that cra_! Do what YOU feel is best!

The problem stems from the individual image about what self defense is like. Some of our CHL holders see the Gunfight at the OK Corral with a quick reload and correct Weaver stance. Geeze.............

My image goes like this: The bad guy makes his move, 5 quick rounds pop to the center of the mass in the night. After those rounds, I'm blinded & can't hear a durned thing. I'm scared to death & run like heck while he's figuring out what happened to him and why he is leaking red stuff. After running 3 blocks, I call the cops on my cell, advise them where his body should be while I figure out how to get a dry pair of shorts.

Carry small but carry always.

Flash

Hmmm......I coulda written that myself.

I carried my hard chrome P32 for several years, then got one of the first P3ATs. The .32 ran flawless, but the .380 was a jamomatic....so I put it in the safe after attempting to cycle about 50 rounds through it. Started carrying my S&W M38 Bodyguard Airweight and then a Kahr PM9.

Several years later, I got the .380 out & cleaned it again - took it out to the range & it greased through 8 magazine without a hiccup! Go figure.
    Bought a Ruger LCP last December, and it has been flawless through about 350 rounds - it's my daily carry.

Love all these mouseguns, including my North American .32 Guardian.

One anecdote about my P32.

Returning home late one evening after dropping off my brother & SIL when they flew home from vacation, I was stopped by an Austin LEO for driving about 50 in a 35 zone. After perusing my driver's & CHL licences, the polite LEO asked me if I was carrying. Said yes, so he asked me what kind it was. When I replied, "A KelTec .32", he paused a few seconds...then his lip started quivering. He didn't laugh out loud, but after letting me go with just a warning I'll bet he chuckled a bit back in his cruiser.
    :p

Top Bottom