• ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Snake related.

One scout was afraid of snakes. While he was sleeping they took some sausage links and put them across his neck. He woke up and one of the boys said "Wait, there's a snake on your neck" Two boys were at the ends moving it back and forward as they continued this working back and forward a few min.
    ARJ Defense ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    My wife's cat had a deadly encounter with a "Ring Tailed" Western Diamondback Rattlesnake a few years ago.

They were doing the "death dance" and neither one went in for the kill -- they just jousted back and forth. This lasted about twenty minutes.

I called animal control, and they told me there was nothing they could do. Animal Control also told me not to shoot the snake, because it was illegal to do so.

I called a neighbor who is a Police Officer. He came right over with his snake hook, then backed off and said the snake was too big.

I handed him my .410 shotgun, and he blasted that serpent to high holy heaven. He then laid the snake on my driveway, laid his calling card next to the carcass, and we drank some cheap beer.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    My wife's cat had a deadly encounter with a "Ring Tailed" Western Diamondback Rattlesnake a few years ago.

They were doing the "death dance" and neither one went in for the kill -- they just jousted back and forth. This lasted about twenty minutes.

I called animal control, and they told me there was nothing they could do. Animal Control also told me not to shoot the snake, because it was illegal to do so.

I called a neighbor who is a Police Officer. He came right over with his snake hook, then backed off and said the snake was too big.

I handed him my .410 shotgun, and he blasted that serpent to high holy heaven. He then laid the snake on my driveway, laid his calling card next to the carcass, and we drank some cheap beer.

Ya, my buddy who is a forester says they are protected or some shit. They kill 'em anyways. I think if your life is in danger, anything is fair game. Sad the .gov thinks an animal life is more important than ours.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ya, my buddy who is a forester says they are protected or some shit. They kill 'em anyways. I think if your life is in danger, anything is fair game. Sad the .gov thinks an animal life is more important than ours.

If they wanna protect them around here, they better start givin'em bullet proof vests.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Wifey-mate is mortally afraid of snakes. After we moved into the newest house, there was a green grass snake coiled up on the porch one day. She about had a heart attack. We named it "Bose" - Evil in German. I just run them off unless their poisonous. I think they are just doing their thing.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Was in my cousins back yard and saw a good sized rattler that was a little too close to where the kids played at. As he got the kids inside I got the 12ga out of my truck. When the cop showed up and asked if anyone had shot a gun I told him I did and it was to kill a snake, showed him the two halves that were still laying where it died and he said ok and left.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    With a wife and teen daughter in the house and only 2 bathrooms I do a lot of pissing in the yard.

Before my dad removed it, my brothers and I christened a certain tree in the front yard, the "pee tree" and would relieve ourselves there whilst playing outside. Suffice it to say, my mom wasn't a fan.

Regarding snakes, I've come across plenty around my parents' property but I don't know anyone personally who's been bitten. I've killed a few rattlers in my time though. Sneaky little bastards, they are.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    We had 3 or 4 dogs bitten by rattlers in the backyard of the house I grew up in down in Kingsville.

IIRC, they've got a vaccine for rattlesnake bites just like they have for rabies.

Playing "CALL OF DUTY IX: DOUGHNUT WARRIOR" does not make you a "cop". -wakal

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, they all survived, I don't recall what kind of treatment it required, but a vaccine against it sounds pretty cool.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Well, they all survived, I don't recall what kind of treatment it required, but a vaccine against it sounds pretty cool.

Never paid for it since all my dogs have been in the city, and my current dog is inside most of the day. No real need to give him another shot. However, if he was out in the country more often, I'd definitely check into it.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    IIRC, they've got a vaccine for rattlesnake bites just like they have for rabies.

Yes sir. Both of my hunting dogs have the rattlesnake vaccine. Cheap insurance for me. I know of too many dogs in South TX dying from rattlesnake bites.

Top Bottom